NewBeetle.org Forums banner

23001 - 23020 of 23957 Posts

·
Retired Car Whore
7,047 Posts
This car has been one thing after another since I got it last year w around 22k on it. It has around 28k on it now. Its CPO, but the dealer is 65 miles or so away, so it takes some effort to make it work.

I keep hoping for a giant hail storm, flood, or suicidal deer. :rolleyes:

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
Yeah, I would never take that kinda **** from a car with that few miles on it, unless it was something like an xj220 or macf1...

I wonder what the age/miles threshold is for stuff like this to be happening and acceptable.

The 5000 can pretty much freak out all it wants but I'd still love it unconditionally... Maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment, or maybe because its still much more reliable than the half the age mk3 lol.

·
9,487 Posts
But there isn't even any wiring going into the doors of the bug.

I've got a window regulator waiting for me when I get home. It will be really nice to finally put down the driver's window in the cabrio.

·
Super Moderator
5,305 Posts
Another day & another new problem with my Passat: I noticed that the passenger rear window quit working and upon further inspection, the door won't lock with the remote or interior locking button. Its like the entire door is 'dead'. I'm not going to miss this car when its gone.
wohoo! :bash::banghead:

·
Where is home ....
11,013 Posts
I don't DO chat. :p I just say it out in the open for everyone to read. :p

I am doing ok. Just moved in with my sister at her house. Three dogs (two morkies and a bichon) is rather hard to handle at times. But, doing well otherwise with the move.

Got a 'job' that might not go as planned. Lots of scope creep:

Scope creep (also called requirement creep) in project management refers to uncontrolled changes or continuous growth in a project's scope. This phenomenon can occur when the scope of a project is not properly defined, documented, or controlled. It is generally considered a negative occurrence, and therefore should be avoided.
SO! The pay isn't great. The guy wants to make me a partner and I have been warned to NOT do that. I don't know ... we'll see.

How is everyone here doing? :D

·
9,487 Posts
I hopped into chat, but no one was there.

How have you been Larissa?
Yeah, it doesn't help if people dont stay around... But Casey and I had a nice chat last night...

·
Retired Car Whore
7,047 Posts
I think my puppy is going to chew his way into a new home. :eek: OK, I WON'T abandon him, but this has to stop. I know puppies chew, but Jagger has taken it to the next level; even more so since my other dog died earlier this month.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,908 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,305 Posts
ouch just burned the crap out of my thumb putting something in the oven. Brushed against the mesh kinda part where the door closes. Pretty small but it's starting to hurt a few minutes later...yay :p

23001 - 23020 of 23957 Posts