NewBeetle.org Forums banner

23941 - 23957 of 23957 Posts

·
Retired Car Whore
7,047 Posts
Holy crap dude! Was it an old ladies or something?
It belonged to a couple in their upper 50s who are actually goat farmers. Seriously. Their specialty is miniature fainting goats and the X3 didn't get much use because they had other vehicles and it was mainly used for special occasions.

I drove to Hallmark VW this afternoon to scope out a Golf Sportwagen TDI up close. They had 18 or so 2015 TDIs tucked away on a side lot because of not being able to sell them. There are 15 2016s at port waiting to be released as soon as the fix is approved. The salesman and I compared notes and decided it would be early to mid August because the fix has been approved. VW goes back to court later this month.

Now they didn't have a fully loaded SEL for me to compare, but what I did see, I wasn't uber impressed like I have been in online pictures. There was a white over black SE with the panoramic roof for $30k and to be quite honest: My Lexus is waaaay nicer. :eek:

·
5/23/10 <3
10,972 Posts
My husband picked up a 2016 GLI to replace his '01 TDI. He drives a lot, but with no other real diesel options right now, gas was what he got. He would get 42-45mpg in the TDI pretty regularly. He's gotten nearly 38mpg in the GLI several times and its only at 8k on it. And its a much, much nicer, faster, comfy car. We've been really impressed with it. With the newer TDIs getting lower economy from the emissions equipment (and who knows how much worse that will get after the fix), the GLI really wasn't a step down.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,972 Posts
Its a really nice car. We're loving it. All the 2016's got Android Auto/Apple Carplay so he got the SE without nav since we can use the nav through our phones on the head unit. Its snazzy. My car had been the newest car we owned and its an '03 so its taken some getting used to. But that 2.0T is niiiiice. I'm heavily considering a mk7 GTI now for my next car.

·
Super Moderator
5,331 Posts
I loved my 2.0T with the 6MT until it started either leaking/burning coolant and the dealer said nothing was wrong and tried blowing smoke up my :moon:

That's awesome that you have the android/Apple thing and can use nav through your phone on the radio. That's a much cooler option :banana:

·
Retired Car Whore
7,047 Posts
Its a really nice car. We're loving it. All the 2016's got Android Auto/Apple Carplay so he got the SE without nav since we can use the nav through our phones on the head unit. Its snazzy. My car had been the newest car we owned and its an '03 so its taken some getting used to. But that 2.0T is niiiiice. I'm heavily considering a mk7 GTI now for my next car.

swooooon!:D

I loved my 2.0T with the 6MT until it started either leaking/burning coolant and the dealer said nothing was wrong and tried blowing smoke up my :moon:

That's awesome that you have the android/Apple thing and can use nav through your phone on the radio. That's a much cooler option :banana:
DafuQ? I'd try another dealer.

I've been busy the last few weeks: I went back to my old job at the auto auction as Internet Sales Manager. They put my old boss in prison and invited me back a few days later. NOT my dream job and working outside in the extreme heat SUCKS, but it looks better to not be self-employed while looking for another job.

I'm taking my Lexus back in tomorrow morning to the bodyshop that repaired it in January. My right front tire is COMPLETELY bald and the metal is showing on the inside while the once matching left front still has 8/32 tread remaining. I pulled out my folder on my accident/repairs and their initial estimate included a front end alignment, but the final bill doesn't show an alignment having been done. WTF? At the risk of sounding a LITTLE dramatic, I could have been seriously hurt or inadvertently hurt someone else had that tire blown. The day before I found it, I put over 250 miles on my car driving Interstate speeds. I'm NOT happy. I'm not sure who is liable for the repairs. **I** chose the bodyshop, but the damage was done in the accident earlier this year. The shop I chose dropped the ball and screwed the pooch. If there's extensive damage, I need a rental because I drive for work. I went through HELL with getting the car repaired before and I'm ready to throw my hands in the air and say 'eff it!'. IF there's extensive repairs, I'll call my insurance company and let them sort it out between the shop (authorized Lexus repair facility, recommended by my local dealer who doesn't have a bodyshop) and the insurance company of the woman who hit me. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
5,331 Posts
swooooon!:D

DafuQ? I'd try another dealer.
Oh I did, I went to the Ford dealer and ordered my Fusion. The next closest VW dealer was 4 hours on way and there was no way I could even think about taking it in because of work. Also the warranty only had a few months. But it just further proved that the dealer is only useful for parts.

I've been busy the last few weeks: I went back to my old job at the auto auction as Internet Sales Manager. They put my old boss in prison and invited me back a few days later. NOT my dream job and working outside in the extreme heat SUCKS, but it looks better to not be self-employed while looking for another job.

I'm taking my Lexus back in tomorrow morning to the bodyshop that repaired it in January. My right front tire is COMPLETELY bald and the metal is showing on the inside while the once matching left front still has 8/32 tread remaining. I pulled out my folder on my accident/repairs and their initial estimate included a front end alignment, but the final bill doesn't show an alignment having been done. WTF? At the risk of sounding a LITTLE dramatic, I could have been seriously hurt or inadvertently hurt someone else had that tire blown. The day before I found it, I put over 250 miles on my car driving Interstate speeds. I'm NOT happy. I'm not sure who is liable for the repairs. **I** chose the bodyshop, but the damage was done in the accident earlier this year. The shop I chose dropped the ball and screwed the pooch. If there's extensive damage, I need a rental because I drive for work. I went through HELL with getting the car repaired before and I'm ready to throw my hands in the air and say 'eff it!'. IF there's extensive repairs, I'll call my insurance company and let them sort it out between the shop (authorized Lexus repair facility, recommended by my local dealer who doesn't have a bodyshop) and the insurance company of the woman who hit me. :rolleyes:
Dude that sucks hopefully they get you taken care of. Otherwise time to kick some :moon:

·
Retired Car Whore
7,047 Posts
Lexus is fixed. It was as simple as it was never aligned after the accident. They put a new Michelin tire on it as well.

What kind of Fusion did you get? I'd rock the **** out of a Titanium.

I still have my Beetle. NO ONE wants it. There's something going on with the sunroof (drains?) The inside of it flooded over the last few days after torrential downpours. Only on the driver's side. I'm about to slash the price again to get it GONE!

·
Super Moderator
5,331 Posts
I got a SE in platinum white with black wheels and the non eco-boost engine. The titaniums are nice but more than I wanted to spend.

I'll take you bug man, just bring it on down to Tejas :D :banana: You know you want to, we have tacos!

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
Bumping one of my favorite old threads.....seeing if there are any old ghosts in the machine.
The Org aint what she used to be, dats fo sho!!

·
5/23/10 <3
10,972 Posts
:wave::wave::wave:

23941 - 23957 of 23957 Posts