NewBeetle.org Forums banner

13121 - 13140 of 23957 Posts

·
Retired Car Whore
7,047 Posts
That does suck but alas, its part of life. :eek: If the Dr.'s office has any affiliation with the hospital then I'm they'll just tell you that billing is legal. "Payment is expected when services rendered" even though the hospital isn't directly servicing you....errr treating you. :D

·
Semi-Lurk Mode: GOOOOO
2,842 Posts
Two Words: Pre Existing Conditions. Okay, more then two words.

Besides, what's the point of being retired if you have to work? What happened here to spark this comment of mine, is that because of the wound on my leg, I have been seeing this doctor at this wound center, and I, since no health insurance, I have been paying every visit. Hundred bucks a visit. I have been there two times, four more to go. SO, yesterday a bill arrives from this place. Seems that the wound center is part of a hospital, (unbeknownest to me) and that the HOSPITAL wants THREE hundred a visit. You do the fun math.

Why? Because all the gear in the doctors office is the hospitals. Now, one might ask, "TJ, did they tell you this BEFORE you accepted said services?" and my answer would be, "Nope, they did not." And then one might ask, "TJ, is that legal then?" and my answer would be, "Don't know; that's a good question."

And there you have it.
Tell them to go suck eggs. They can't raise your fees after you've already paid. That's like dropping the speed limit on a road and imprisoning someone for driving the old speed limit last week.

Ok, that analogy made more sense in my head.

·
Retired Car Whore
7,047 Posts
Tell them to go suck eggs. They can't raise your fees after you've already paid.
They're not asking for additional payment on what he's made, they're asking for a separate fee; most likely being billed as a 'hospital fee'.

As an uninsured American who has had to pay out of pocket for an ER visit, I had to pay a Dr. Fee and an ER/hospital fee. Standard practice for everyone. If I recall correctly, I got mine reduced by 20% for paying for it that night.

·
33 ⅓
15,621 Posts
They're not asking for additional payment on what he's made, they're asking for a separate fee; most likely being billed as a 'hospital fee'.
Correct. I just did not know about it, till the bill came. It means every visit is $400 bucks. How nice.

In other news, I heard about that sex toy for dogs last night on ABC World News Now. You got to wonder.

·
Where is home ....
11,013 Posts
Dudes ... and dudettes ...
I was at a coffee shop this morning (not Starbucks) and it was quiet in their since it was their downtime. So, this guy walks in and orders a drink... walks past the drink bar with a walkie talkie and starts yapping about poop?! Really, really loud. SOemthing like, "Yeah, all I have is (not sure what he said), and poop!"

HA! Gross. Everyone just looked at him weird. Eww

·
Foreign Exchange Orger
7,461 Posts
Today is National Sys Admin day. Show your poor, overworked and underappreciated sys admin some appreciation :)
What will they think of next :rolleyes:

Are you by any chance a Sys Admin and are you fishing for a pat on your shoulder and a bouquet of flowers? :flowers: :D

·
Foreign Exchange Orger
7,461 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,134
Today is National Sys Admin day. Show your poor, overworked and underappreciated sys admin some appreciation :)
We certainly are underappreciated.

In the line of fire when **** goes wrong, and forgotten about when everything is running smoothly.

Here's to the SysAdmins out there lurking... :toast:

·
Write it like it's hot!
2,556 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,299 Posts
We certainly are underappreciated.

In the line of fire when **** goes wrong, and forgotten about when everything is running smoothly.

Here's to the SysAdmins out there lurking... :toast:
Yup yup...that's how my old job was. I could tell them what it was and they would have no clue, but once poop hits the preverbial fan, were on the eyes of important people everywhere...

·
Super Moderator
5,299 Posts
this day just will not end...i've plaied enough gilligans island golf on the computer that i've ben able to get -3 almost every time i play...

·
Semi-Lurk Mode: GOOOOO
2,842 Posts
Ugh. I'm 2 weeks into my "Fast Food Fast," and I've already run out of ideas for stuff to make for lunch.

:( I'm eating a frozen burrito (which, BTW, is WAY too spicy), then I'll be eating a tuna sandwich... for the second time this week.

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,140
Ugh. I'm 2 weeks into my "Fast Food Fast," and I've already run out of ideas for stuff to make for lunch.

:( I'm eating a frozen burrito (which, BTW, is WAY too spicy), then I'll be eating a tuna sandwich... for the second time this week.
Just make extra supper and take leftovers....

13121 - 13140 of 23957 Posts