NewBeetle.org Forums banner

13301 - 13320 of 23957 Posts

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Hardware: Looks good.

That whole music "rental" thing: Scares the crap out of me. I'll continue to purchase physical CDs for as long as they continue to make them. When they stop, I'll pick up with my torrenting (which I haven't done in about a year).

Ditto. I just started paying for music again about a year or so ago (amazon.com). I would never do one of those rental music things.

·
Semi-Lurk Mode: GOOOOO
2,842 Posts
Ditto. I just started paying for music again about a year or so ago (amazon.com). I would never do one of those rental music things.
I made the mistake of going through a rather long iTunes music buying streak right out of high school. Now I am faced with two choices: burn them all to CDs and reimport them as MP3s, or let them all wither and die when I get another MP3 player.

Down with DRM!!! Page 666 tells me to hate the establishment!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,302 Posts
I made the mistake of going through a rather long iTunes music buying streak right out of high school. Now I am faced with two choices: burn them all to CDs and reimport them as MP3s, or let them all wither and die when I get another MP3 player.

That's what I do with everything I get from itunes, just burn it and then rip it. I have a few things I still need to do that with...I should probably do that while I'm thinking about it

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts

Stuff from amazon.com is DRM-free I believe.

That's what I do with everything I get from itunes, just burn it and then rip it. I have a few things I still need to do that with...I should probably do that while I'm thinking about it
I thought you could get .mp3s from iTunes? Or are they all still .aac or whatever?

·
2,842 Posts
Stuff from amazon.com is DRM-free I believe.

I thought you could get .mp3s from iTunes? Or are they all still .aac or whatever?
They are still AAC, I believe. The problem lies with the DRM, not the file type. They do offer DRM free files, but it's like a 40% price premium.

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
They are still AAC, I believe. The problem lies with the DRM, not the file type. They do offer DRM free files, but it's like a 40% price premium.
I guess my question remains: why would anyone buy from iTunes when it's 1) higher for DRM-free music and 2) you have to convert it? Why not just buy from amazon.com?

·
2,842 Posts
I guess my question remains: why would anyone buy from iTunes when it's 1) higher for DRM-free music and 2) you have to convert it? Why not just buy from amazon.com?
With 95% of the portable music market owning iPods, and the PERFECT synchronization of the iPod and iTunes, AND the fact that the general populace is completely computarded, I'm not surprised iTunes still sells more music than any other retailer.

·
Super Moderator
5,302 Posts
With 95% of the portable music market owning iPods, and the PERFECT synchronization of the iPod and iTunes, AND the fact that the general populace is completely computarded, I'm not surprised iTunes still sells more music than any other retailer.
Yeah that's most of it. I don't get it from amazon just mostly because I don't really think about it. plus I get stuff maybe once a year or so if that

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
I have an iPod, but do not sync it with iTunes.

I get your point though. iPod, iTunes, easy for most people. I've just never liked iTunes to be honest. It doesn't update my music folder and that alone makes it a pain to use. I sync my iPod with Media Monkey and get all my music from amazon.com. I want control over my music, so that's why I went that route.

·
Retired Car Whore
7,047 Posts
I'm.

Tired.
You and me both! I had "one of those days" where nothing went right and there wasn't really anything I could have done differently to make it better. :mad:
is today ever going to end? i hope it does...i wanna go home
Its almost ovah!

Dude I totally feel you on that one. I GREATLY underestimated the amount of work 2 young ferrets would be. They have been getting better, but they have their good days and bad days. Kuma (the female) gets nippy when she doesn't get her way, so I've been trying to teach her that what she's doing is wrong.

When I get home from work, a good hour is set aside just cleaning litter boxes, cleaning their cage out, playing with them a bit, etc. Then until they go to sleep (which could be 2-3 hours from when I get done cleaning their stuff) I need to constantly keep an eye on them. It's really exhausting and can be stressful. Fortunately that stress floats away when one of them falls asleep on my chest, aww :)
Aww! They're like kids but they she_ite way less!..I think. :p

IDK. Whatever, though. I'll deal with it like I do everything else: bottle up the emotions, swallow the sadness, and move on.. hoping it doesn't explode out of me in a few months.
Did you read about that guy in Pittsburgh who walked into a gym earlier this week and shot up a Latin dance class of women? He had about 20 years of pent up rage and sexual frustration that culminated in him "snapping". Sometimes its better to let it out SLOWLY

As for your family not liking your girlfriend, unless they have a legitimate reason you should do what your heart says is right. Sometimes a family's idea of what is best for their child is unrealistic. If you love her, want to be with her, and you think there's something there - I say to take a chance to pursue it.

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
They're coming to take me away ha haa!

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts

·
Retired Car Whore
7,047 Posts
I have a newfound sense of sympathy for Larissa. I hung with some pot smokers this afternoon and the clothes I was wearing still wreak of that mess. I haven't been around it since high school so I had forgotten the smell.

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,320
I have a newfound sense of sympathy for Larissa. I hung with some pot smokers this afternoon and the clothes I was wearing still wreak of that mess. I haven't been around it since high school so I had forgotten the smell.
I thought you smelt like concert.

13301 - 13320 of 23957 Posts