NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I woke up this morning to take care of the dogs and do my morning thing. When I looked outside, I saw white streaks on the driver's side and egg on the windshield. So I knew my car had been egged. I just about cried. Well, I did. It's so upsetting. I didn't want the egg to ruin the paint. So Of course, I went out and put on pair of jeans and got a bucket and a rag and washed it all off my car. Used the stepping stool to get on top of the car and wash whatever off there.

Spend about 2 hours cleaning it off.:( Now I'm just worried it'll happen again.

Has anyone's car been egged before???

·
Registered
444 Posts
Yes, my car was egged one Halloween. Luckily, since I noticed it that night, the egg hadn't had a chance to get really baked on by the sun. If you get it off early enough, you can avoid damage. I do know someone who did not, and it really messed up the paint. My suggestion is to cover your car at night with a good car cover, thus avoiding this happening in the future. I know, it's a pain in the rear to cover your car. BUT, I cover my car every night. I have a '99 NB and My paint looks better than most of the folks I know with newer and new cars. I have always covered my cars, even those that were garaged and the paint has always looked great. Of course I am an auto detailer and am anal retentive about such things. :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, my car was egged one Halloween. Luckily, since I noticed it that night, the egg hadn't had a chance to get really baked on by the sun. If you get it off early enough, you can avoid damage. I do know someone who did not, and it really messed up the paint. My suggestion is to cover your car at night with a good car cover, thus avoiding this happening in the future. I know, it's a pain in the rear to cover your car. BUT, I cover my car every night. I have a '99 NB and My paint looks better than most of the folks I know with newer and new cars. I have always covered my cars, even those that were garaged and the paint has always looked great. Of course I am an auto detailer and am anal retentive about such things. :D
Yikes. Yeah, that's what I fear with mine. Because it's BRIGHT orange. I usually try to park my car in the driveway on Halloween night. Right. I think it only had maybe 2-3 hours to bake in sun before I saw it. because I saw it about 10am and the sun comes up about 6:30 or 7am. So I think I caught it pretty soon. The paint looked fine.

Unfortunately, we don't have a three car garage or my car would be parked in one. But I have to park it in front of the house every day. What would you cover it with?

·
Where is home ....
11,013 Posts
OMG! I am so very sorry! People are complete jerks!!!! :( :mad:

Zoomer got egged once. It hit the driver side front fender flare and left little holes where the egg must have baked for a while. :( Luckily, I saw it before it did too much damage. :(

I do NOT understand why people would do such things to other peoples property. It's beyond ridiculous. :(

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's terrible. :( I can't even express how angry i'd be. Poor buggie!
It is terrible. I was angry and upset. I know.:( Luckily, I cleaned it pretty good.

OMG! I am so very sorry! People are complete jerks!!!! :( :mad:

Zoomer got egged once. It hit the driver side front fender flare and left little holes where the egg must have baked for a while. :( Luckily, I saw it before it did too much damage. :(

I do NOT understand why people would do such things to other peoples property. It's beyond ridiculous. :(

It's okay. It's just ridiculous. I don't know why people do that. I know those people are such jerks. I don't know why people do it. I hope one day, they get their car egged.

This is not the first time, the pumpkin has been egged. Last year, the day after the 4th of July, I saw that someone egged my car. But it didn't look as nearly as bad as this one did!

Poor Zoomer.:( Luckily, it'd only been light out for a couple of hours. So I was able to clean off the car pretty good.

I don't understand it either. It's absolutely ridiculous and stupid.

·
USS ANNIEPRISE NCC 1701 A
4,142 Posts
I'm so sorry Pumpkin got egged, that upsets ME, I can only imagine how bad you feel. I used to drive a 1971 bus, that had pretty new paint on her. She was blue & white, I had waxed her just a bit before. I went in to see one of my customers and while I was writing up a sale, her teen aged son got a can of spray paint and drew a peace sign on it. I was way out in the "sticks" and the only thing I could finde to clean it off, was an old store that had coleman fuel. I think the wax job I put on it saved it. I was so mad, I went and got the lady, and she nailed her son, I wouldn't of wanted to be in his shoes.

·
This chick drives a stick
4,854 Posts
Wow, I'm so sorry to hear that. Probie has never been egged (knock on wood). But my mom had an egg thrown at her car while driving late one night. She has a huge mark on the rear fender where it hit the paint and she took a few days to get it off....:(

Scariest thing about that incident was that the next day I got an email about gangs around town throwing eggs at people's windshields. So once the egg gets messy on your windshield, your first instinct is to use the sprayers to clear it off. Well, they won't. It'll only make a bigger mess. Forcing the driver to pull over because they can no longer see. Then allowing the gang to creep up on the unsuspecting driver and do what they please.

If it continues I would definitely call the local PD. It may just be eggs now, but it could be guns later...you never know. :(

·
Dreamin' of a Bug !
1,261 Posts
Wow, I'm so sorry to hear that. Probie has never been egged (knock on wood). But my mom had an egg thrown at her car while driving late one night. She has a huge mark on the rear fender where it hit the paint and she took a few days to get it off....:(

Scariest thing about that incident was that the next day I got an email about gangs around town throwing eggs at people's windshields. So once the egg gets messy on your windshield, your first instinct is to use the sprayers to clear it off. Well, they won't. It'll only make a bigger mess. Forcing the driver to pull over because they can no longer see. Then allowing the gang to creep up on the unsuspecting driver and do what they please.

If it continues I would definitely call the local PD. It may just be eggs now, but it could be guns later...you never know. :(
Wow that is crazy ... It amazes me at what people come up with. If only these individuals had jobs to get up for in the morning; they might not be up late thinking of the latest prank to do! And they might not be destroying someone else's property.

I'm very lucky that Kit get's to sleep inside the garage at night.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Look, egging someone's car is just a vandalism crime of opportunity. If your car is covered, they will move on to another car to egg. Unless they REALLY have it in for you. I doubt it, though. So, my suggestion is to go on line to amazon.com and look at car covers. Or go to your local auto parts store. What you buy will be determined by the weather, primarily. Does it need it be waterproof? I bought an inexpensive cover at an auto parts store. They are sold in different sizes. Just look on the box. Mine is not for rainy weather since I live in Hollywood, Ca. where the weather is calm most of the time. I take it off when I know it's gonna rain. Most people I talk to don't want the extra work of covering their car at night. The benefits of doing so are so evident once you start doing it. After a couple of times doing it, you will get it down to a really quick couple of minutes. To me, it's WAY worth it to have a clean car every morning when I go out and no vandalism done to my car. ;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Look, egging someone's car is just a vandalism crime of opportunity. If your car is covered, they will move on to another car to egg. Unless they REALLY have it in for you. I doubt it, though. So, my suggestion is to go on line to amazon.com and look at car covers. Or go to your local auto parts store. What you buy will be determined by the weather, primarily. Does it need it be waterproof? I bought an inexpensive cover at an auto parts store. They are sold in different sizes. Just look on the box. Mine is not for rainy weather since I live in Hollywood, Ca. where the weather is calm most of the time. I take it off when I know it's gonna rain. Most people I talk to don't want the extra work of covering their car at night. The benefits of doing so are so evident once you start doing it. After a couple of times doing it, you will get it down to a really quick couple of minutes. To me, it's WAY worth it to have a clean car every morning when I go out and no vandalism done to my car. ;)

I'm seriously thinking about it. There is a universal car cover on amazon.

·
rawr
36 Posts
Oh that blows. I don't know where people get off messing with other peoples cars... Especially when they would hate having it done to them.

I got yogurt thrown at mine once, I was standing outside a friends house, with my back turned, and I heard a car pass... I walked to my car and saw the splats... Pissed... :mad:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh that blows. I don't know where people get off messing with other peoples cars... Especially when they would hate having it done to them.

I got yogurt thrown at mine once, I was standing outside a friends house, with my back turned, and I heard a car pass... I walked to my car and saw the splats... Pissed... :mad:
It really is! Dunno. Right? You know these people wouldn't want it done to their cars but they do it to someone else's?

Ohh yuck. That would have made me angry too.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Sorry to here, I would express my opinion on the matter but I'm sure if I did I would get another censorship note from the mods on the forum so I'll leave it at that..........

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry to here, I would express my opinion on the matter but I'm sure if I did I would get another censorship note from the mods on the forum so I'll leave it at that..........
It's alright. I was just pretty angry over some jerks egging my car. Because cleaning it is no fun.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Parking on the campus is never safe. My car got egged within a week after I got it and left with two distinct egg shell marks on the side and the trunk. And one time someone actually "walked" the entire car over night (I had no idea how he managed doing that) and left with huge foot prints all over my car and some damage on the trunk too. I just hate those jerks fooling around and messing with others' cars.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts