NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
It's a shot glass!
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Found this while surfing the net.

The Rasterbator

The Rasterbator is very easy to use. The rasterized images can be printed and assembled into enormous (or smaller, if you prefer) posters. You can either upload a file from your computer or use any file that is publicly available in the Internet. After you have cropped the image and selected a desired size, the rasterbated image will be sent to you as an easily printable pdf file.

Here's some examples from the website.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,922 Posts
One of my friends used one of those a few months back to make some cool pictures to put on the walls of his apartment at college. So awesome

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
Thats really awesome!!! I'm gonna have to try that! :goodjob:

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
Okay, originally i was gonna do a HUGE 7x5 page one, but due to hardware limitations, i was forced to downsize to 3x2 or else spend all night cutting and taping.

Altough, i still had the hardware limitations, i dind't mind the extra cutting i had to do.

IMPORTANT: DO NOT do this on a 13 year old laser printer with 1 meg of memeory. :crazy:

Well, here it is, done half assed, and well it's still pretty cool (the picture looks alot better than real life), but a huge one would be alot cooler.

Attachments

·
18,312 Posts
I think it looks really cool when you leave a little bit of space in between each part of the pic. :goodjob:

·
It's a shot glass!
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Toad said:
Okay, originally i was gonna do a HUGE 7x5 page one, but due to hardware limitations, i was forced to downsize to 3x2 or else spend all night cutting and taping.

Altough, i still had the hardware limitations, i dind't mind the extra cutting i had to do.

IMPORTANT: DO NOT do this on a 13 year old laser printer with 1 meg of memeory. :crazy:

Well, here it is, done half assed, and well it's still pretty cool (the picture looks alot better than real life), but a huge one would be alot cooler.
Looks pretty good. If you do a huge one it would probably be cheaper and faster if you print it at a Kinkos, Office Depot or Staples. I'll probably end up doing that since it'll use up tons of ink.

·
18,312 Posts
I bet it would look cool if someone took one of the pics they printed and put each piece pf paper in one of the clear box frames and spaced each one apart slightly...I'm going to have to try this. There a bunch of pics I already know I would like to do this to. I'm def going to have to go to staples and have them printed out though! I cant wait to try this! :goodjob:

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
Oh yeah baby i'm Rasterbating right now! Wanna see??? ;) Here's the 4 pics i'm doing. They are all done by an artist/photographer guy Scarpati who is known for some of his album cover artwork.The pieces i chose are the ones used to the Dramarama album "Vinyl" and the piece is called, what else, "Vynyl". If memory serves, the original pieceis in the home of Dramarama's John Easdale. Or was it Matt Pinfield? I dunno, one of my cousins friends.

I am thinking of hanging them in my living room once completed. If i can frame them it should look quite nice. Cheaper than lithographs or lame unknown artist paintings.

It'll be cool. In my bedroom i'll have Dali, and the living room will have Scarpati. Now, where can i hang some Mapplethorpe?? Yeah, yer right, probably a little too risque. :D

Attachments

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
Yeah, i wish i could afford to buy prints of the real deal. Darn no money stuff! :mad:

Scarpati did stuff with Rush, Dixie Chicks, and countless others. However, i know him from listening to "the boys".

I hope the roomates dont mind me hanging it up.

·
Die with your boots on
3,716 Posts
Couldn't this same effect be acheived by using Photoshop and increasing the size of an image? Either way; it's cool as crap.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts