NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. got the TT pedal set (gas, brake, and dead pedal) from ECS Tuning and they all fit great on my 2000 1.8T except the brake pedal. it constantly slips right off. sent it back and got various other parts that fit even worse. anyone have this experience? where else can i get just the TT brake pedal cover?

·
Some say............
1,665 Posts
How big is it? There are 2 different style covers for the automatic. One is a small one which is a perfect fit, and it sounds like you got a touareg/phaeton one which is about double the size. I put a set of these on back in the spring and they've been on about 4 or 5k miles and I haven't had a problem.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Those pedals can be sketchy until you drive with them for a bit.

I had my gas falling off constantly, and one day I got pissed off, pulled into the bank and gave the gas pedal one hell of a whack with my fist (with the car off), and hasn't fell off since :D

SMG

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think i got the big one. but they sent me the small one (thinking that would fit), not even close, returned it and i'm back with the big one. now the big one had a rubber stub sticking out the back that totally prevented it from fitting, i had to dremel that down, now it fits better but it still slides down (halfway off the pedal) after a couple of days or so. where did you buy yours for the auto?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FYI: the brake pedal cover i got now is about 4 inches wide by 3.25 inches high. the metal part of the cover looks to be the right size, its the rubber part that doesnt fit right.

·
Some say............
1,665 Posts
with the old brake pedal cover off spray some water on the pedal and on the back of the new cover. It'll take some tuggin on the rubber flap sides of the pedal. DON'T dremel down the rubber nub on the back, That is what holds the brake pedal on.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ah, "with the old brake pedal cover off" ?!? didnt realize it comes off! fits. this is about the stupidest i've ever felt. thx, though.

·
Some say............
1,665 Posts
Yup the old pedal cover comes off. Hit it with some heat from a hair dryer and it'll come off a little easier. Then it'll just be the metal pedal. Then spray that and the back of the new cover with water, and work it on.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes they look good. i think i have the exact same pieces as you. removed the orig brake pedal cover and put on the TT one and it fits but its still actually too big and wiggles around where as the orig one fit tightly. wanna make sure this is safe. does anyone else notice its too big?

·
Some say............
1,665 Posts
You'll be fine, I've had mine on for about 4 or 5 thousand miles with no problems. Other than having to clean tar off the dead pedal a couple times from the lot at the dealer I used to work at.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts