NewBeetle.org Forums banner

21 - 40 of 96 Posts

·
20V GTRS
1,120 Posts
SMG said:
Yes, can someone make these? I'd easily drop $100 on a kit considering the lack of angel eye options for the NB, or any aftermarket headlights at all really..

SMG
X2

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
I'm in the process of putting mine in right now, I've already got the acrylic formed, the led's in. Now all that I have to do tomorrow is just wire them to the fog lights that way I can controll them with my normal headlight switch. I went for the small one around the projector part. I'll have a complete how-to up tomorrow night with step-by-step pics. I have enough acrylic to make 7 more sets of rings and I can get build a set if enough people want them.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
HaloUmpaLumpa said:
I'm in the process of putting mine in right now, I've already got the acrylic formed, the led's in. Now all that I have to do tomorrow is just wire them to the fog lights that way I can controll them with my normal headlight switch. I went for the small one around the projector part. I'll have a complete how-to up tomorrow night with step-by-step pics. I have enough acrylic to make 7 more sets of rings and I can get build a set if enough people want them.
I'll take a pair of rings for sure, help you pay for the cost of doing your own setup. I can probably rig up everything else, I just didn't understand how to make the rings. ;)

SMG

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Just a little update. I've got the angel eyes wired in, just waiting for some paint to dry on the headlights, one of the other things i'm doing while i've got them out. Hopefully i'll have a good write up on here later tonight or tomorrow. If you're wanting a set let me know there's a few different ways I can set up a kit for you.

·
20V GTRS
1,120 Posts
HaloUmpaLumpa said:

Put my name down for a set. :cool:

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
I'm getting the film developed today after I get my new emblem on, the leds I picked up aren't that bright so I just ordered a new set and hopefully they'll make a difference. Look for photos and more info on how-to create your own or buying a set from me in the next few days. From what i've seen there's a couple differen't ways to do the angel eyes and different ways to wire it. So you'll have some options if you want me to make a set.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Here they are, the installed angel eyes, the led's aren't as bright as I want for the day but they look great around dusk, when it's not dark enough for headlights and but also it's not bright like mid-day. In the pics you'll see one with them off around mid day, then there's one with them on about 6:00 and the last is them on around 8:30-9.
My Headlight surround is painted black so the look will change a little on a normal headlight. Once the brighter led's come in, should be by the end of the week i hope, i'll get them installed, look at the difference, and then start making kits for people that want them.

Attachments

·
Unlimited Reality Designs
463 Posts
ok first off. how would we install these? would we have to cut our headlights to do this mod? also would the set you make for us have the brighter leds in them? also how much would these babies cost us? and can you give us info on how to hook them up when we buy them? sorry for the questions but i do want a set

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
angelusnhc said:
ok first off. how would we install these? would we have to cut our headlights to do this mod? also would the set you make for us have the brighter leds in them? also how much would these babies cost us? and can you give us info on how to hook them up when we buy them? sorry for the questions but i do want a set
the only thing i had to cut in my headlight was a small hole in the back of the plastic, just big enough to run 4 small wires through. I will give detailed instructions on how to take apart the headlight, how to wire them and provide enough wire to do so, either to a seperate switch (provided if wanted), to your driving lights, or to you fog lights, and yes they would come with w/e led ends up being better. If you're worried about doing the install yourself then i would be more than happy to install them, if you were close enough to me I could come do it, if not then you could send me your headlight all you would have to do is find somone to wire them up for you. If you send them to me then I could also paint them if that's something you'd like, all of that would be at a little extra cost. I'm not sure on price right now, but looks like they might be starting at 30+shipping for just the rings, one b/c of which leds i use, and two b/c of different set-ups. Once i figure out the led situation i can figure out a price on the kit. I'm thinking one with just rings, one with rings and leds (any color), one with rings, leds and switch (either a seperate one or I could send a euro switch with them) One little side note, so far this is only made to work with 98-05 headlights non-turbo s, if i get enough orders, or if someone with an 06 or turbo s wants to send me their headlights or get a new set then i'll be more than happy to make them.

phinsfan99 said:
What About the larger version....i.e.
I've looked at making a larger version, that one in the pic is just some glowing wire. When i install the new leds i'll play around a little bit with getting a large ring around the outside or a different spot if possible, if it works then i'll get those installed and get some pics for that as an option also. There's just two things that might give it a little bit of a problem, one being space (ofcourse), and two, if the leds i get aren't any brighter then i'm not sure if you could get a even light all the way around.

·
Unlimited Reality Designs
463 Posts
is that 30 for a set of 2? and ill still take a set. and i would just stick with bright whites. i may be wrong but i think more ppl would go for them instead of colored leds.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Right now it's looking like 30 for just the smaller ring and leds so that you can do both headlights, if it's possible to do a larger ring then that one will be priced a little higher. I agree with the white probably looking the best, but led's don't change price when you change color, so if someone wants some colored ones i'll be more than happy to send them. If a color isn't asked for then white is what will be sent.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Alright people I finally had the time to work on the angel eyes again. I installed a new set on my bug with the brighter led's and it made a big difference. I have another set of led's on order that are even brighter than what i just put in, and when those get here i'll have enough to make atleast two sets so i'll start taking orders then. I'll get some shots of the new ones up tonight and post the rest of the info on them and how you can get a set.

21 - 40 of 96 Posts