VW Beetle Forum banner

This is a good one

Tags
k04 rsi
4K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Lmhansen 
#1 ·
I was looking on youtube the other day, and I came across a 2003 New Beetle RSi. Its a VR6 twin turbo motor, and the turbo's are k04. Im seriously contemplating doing an engine swap. I have seen what those RSi's can do, and im just dying to get my hands on one lol. Anyone have any info or tips about this procedure? Please let me know. Thanks!

#2 ·
I don't have any major tips, but you can start by looking at HPA Motorsports Inc.
They are the ones that do that kind swap + turbo package.
They don't advertise the twin turbo package any more on their site. But they still do the twins if requested. Last time I looked it was 32,000usd for the 565hp twin turbo upgrade. That price dose not include the r32/rsi motor or 4 motion.

Best of luck:thup::thup:

#3 ·
HPA is actually where I got the idea. but 32k is wayyyyyy above my budget lol. I think this engine swap dream just went out the window lol.

#9 ·
Well my wish list contains a brand spanky new K05 turbo, front mount, and GIAC chip lol. So I think I might go with your idea Kaiser.

#11 ·
Well what I decided to do Genifer, is keep my little 1.8t engine, throw on a K05 with a GIAC and FMIC. Plus I just ordered all new piping as well as a 3" Neuspeed downpipe and full 3" Neuspeed dual tip side mount exhaust. The front mount will fit rather easily, although you will get a funny looking pipe running right on top of your engine, so make sure its a shiney pipe =]

#12 ·
The front mount will fit rather easily, although you will get a funny looking pipe running right on top of your engine, so make sure its a shiney pipe =]
Can this fit behind the stock bumper cover? Will the cover need to be cut? What alternate bumper covers would allow more space?

Are there FMIC's specifically for NB's?

TIA

Gen

#14 ·
You do know rsi's don't have a bud vase?:(

#15 ·
#17 ·
b5 s4 motor is basically what you are looking for, its the vr6 bi turbo. the 20v 1.8 is capable of quite a bit of power as well. if you are looking to get that same power and keep some extra cash in your pocket, i would run a k04-02X setup. the K04-02x is still reliable enough for a daily driver but can deliver a nice gain. all you would need is...
K04-02X
K04 software (giac, APR, Revo...)
manifold
TIP
VR6 or TT225 3" MAF
AUDI TT225 injectors
coolant sensor

this setup actually produces more power than the engine you are refering to. just food for thought...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.