1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Blue Hunter
824 Posts
When I visited your country in 1995, I was on a road similar to that. As I remember there were places in the road where 2 cars could pass one another safely. If you met oncoming traffic whoever was closest to the passing area had to back up to that spot.

I also remember a house that was built when horse and wagon were the means of travel and when you stepped out the front door you were literally standing in the street lane.

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I visited your country in 1995, I was on a road similar to that. As I remember there were places in the road where 2 cars could pass one another safely. If you met oncoming traffic whoever was closest to the passing area had to back up to that spot.

I also remember a house that was built when horse and wagon were the means of travel and when you stepped out the front door you were literally standing in the street lane.
Theres still quite a few houses like that here :)

It's not difficult to tell when you drive quick through the lanes when another car is coming, you see their lights on the hedgerows on corners. So slow down in expectation of seeing them. Thing is though, in these country lanes, you very rarely meet another car. It's the country, fields and more fields, woods and forests, not many people live here :lol:

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Theres still quite a few houses like that here :)

It's not difficult to tell when you drive quick through the lanes when another car is coming, you see their lights on the hedgerows on corners. So slow down in expectation of seeing them. Thing is though, in these country lanes, you very rarely meet another car. It's the country, fields and more fields, woods and forests, not many people live here :lol:
So that's what Irish Hillbillies look like. :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts