NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,719 Posts
I think the silver for 1999 was called "Silver Arrow".

But, if the paint is bad, you can repaint any color you want! :D

·
Das ist gut!
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the silver. I have a really good paint and body guy just down the road from our shop(a/c and heat shop)they have painted everything from one off custom paint, to our work trucks for us...

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Welcome to the org!!!:) I really love Silver too! Silver is 1 of my favorite colors on a car. Silver is really tough color to spray it shows every little imperfection, but when it's done right it looks oh so good.;) It really makes you appreciate The fine paint job are cars come from the factory with.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Das ist gut!
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a 69 beetle that was a silver color, a little more grey than my new beetle. It was a nightmare to get it smooth enough to lay the paint down without having variations in the color. I am working on the door panels and head liner right now. I have to think about the color...silver arrow just sounds to cool not to paint it that again...

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Welcome to the org...have fun with your beetle no matter what color it ends up being when you are done with it :).

·
Das ist gut!
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the welcome...will always have fun, if it's not fun it is an adventure...

·
Old & New Beetles
2,244 Posts
Hi!

Welcome to the org :)
It must be fun to repair & fix your Beetles with your son :thup: He will learn a lot too!

Nice silver New Beetle; also I like your quite radical Old Bug :cool:

Greetings from Finland :yaya:

PS. I have also Silver Arrow NB and 1970 old Bug ;)

·
Das ist gut!
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the welcome. He is sixteen and will be driving the nb. We are doing the headliner in a checker black and white felt. should get it finished this weekend and hello back to ya from Texas...I know quite a few aircooled guys from Finland, wonderful country just to cold for me...

·
Das ist gut!
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
College Station...couple of hours east of you. I talked to someone up in Ennis at Texas motorplex a long time ago that drag race his nb. He was from Marble Falls...Was that you? It was a Bug out car show.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
No wasn't me . Although I have been known to go to the Texas Motorplex when John Force comes to town. I've lived here a couple years now . I'll keep my eyes peeled, I've never seen a new Beetle drag car. I do get over there by Cameron and Rockdale every once in a while thats pretty close to your neck of the woods. :D

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Das ist gut!
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I went to the fall nationals this year. Tried to go 3 times to the Texas classic. Each time life got in the way...Maybe in 2013...

Attachments

·
Das ist gut!
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
here are a couple of things from the nb collection
1. hand painted nb by my wifes granny
2. Detroit auto show voa hand out

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts