NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Dave!

Not to insult anyone, but tell me again why people live in flat regions? ;) Just kidding!

Growing up in Montana, I was used to seeing mountains a lot, so when I spent 8 months in Millington, TN, with the Navy, I wondered why people liked the smaller rolling hills. To each their own, but I love my mountains. And I have water and Mountain views from here. If I walk about 100 ft South East, I get gorgeous views of Mt Rainier too! (See pic!) I love it here!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,413 Posts
jdesigns said:
I can't imagine why anyone would not want to wake up and see this off their deck! :D
This had to be one of the 20 days of the year it doesn't actually rain there!! hehehehehe JK JK It is a gorgeous view to be jealous of for sure. Rub it in more, and I'll be more than happy to send hazy air from Calif up your way. :) Nice photos, too!

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
larryziegler said:
This had to be one of the 20 days of the year it doesn't actually rain there!! hehehehehe JK JK It is a gorgeous view to be jealous of for sure. Rub it in more, and I'll be more than happy to send hazy air from Calif up your way. :) Nice photos, too!
Yep, you are right Larry! (Of course, I won't tell you that places like Atlanta get more rain than we do!) ;)

If it means anything, so far this month, we have had 4.6 inches of rain, according to weather.com.

Don't worry about sending us hazy air, we have plenty. Most days, we have a bunch of haze in the air. :(

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
jdesigns said:
Yep, you are right Larry! (Of course, I won't tell you that places like Atlanta get more rain than we do!) ;)
Sure, we get more INCHES of rain... but we don't spread it over 300 days ;)

That said, the pictures are gorgeous and it makes me soooo miss Seattle (lived 6 months in 1996) and Eugene, OR (lived there 1997-98). The summers are the perfect temp with almost no rain. My wife won't move there though because she is worried about the other 8 months of the year...

I tried to explain that during the fall/winter/spring if there is a clear day, everyone takes off work and frolics.

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Porkchop said:
Sure, we get more INCHES of rain... but we don't spread it over 300 days ;)
You just gotta spoil my fun, don't you! ;)

I love the rain, so all the gray, gloomy days don't bother me a bit.

It makes me appreciate those sunny warm days even more when we do get them!

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
WOW!!! Those are some beautiful photos Justin!! Thats proof right there that Photography is art! I'm in awe!!

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
jdesigns said:
Thanks Dave!

Not to insult anyone, but tell me again why people live in flat regions? ;) Just kidding!

Growing up in Montana, I was used to seeing mountains a lot, so when I spent 8 months in Millington, TN, with the Navy, I wondered why people liked the smaller rolling hills. To each their own, but I love my mountains. And I have water and Mountain views from here. If I walk about 100 ft South East, I get gorgeous views of Mt Rainier too! (See pic!) I love it here!
I just found a new picture for my desktop image..:bigthumb:

Very nice Justin, great pics...

TechnoTrix'd...:wave3:

·
crank it up, suckers!
5,596 Posts
Jerk. In a good way, of course.:D

I do enjoy the flat land, too, though. It's neat to be able to see so far away, and the waving wheat can sure smell sweet when the wind comes right behind the rain.

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Beetlemania said:
I do enjoy the flat land, too, though. It's neat to be able to see so far away, and the waving wheat can sure smell sweet when the wind comes right behind the rain.

Ah, Jacob, you DO realize you can see farther the higher you go, right? If not, you can see farther the higher up you go! ;)

I guess there is a benefit for having flat lands, and that would be there wouldn't be any aircraft flying into mountains! :D

·
crank it up, suckers!
5,596 Posts
Of course I realize I can see farther from higher. The horizon is farther when I stand then when I sit. Actually I've plotted it out before, and I think I can see just over 3 miles in 1 direction when driving. That really isn't too far. I guess that's why it's easy to feel small on a ship in the ocean. Those 3 miles are nothing compared to the 24,000 miles around the planet.

But I still like the flatlands. I guess it makes trips to the mountains all the more special. And that view is certainly something special.

·
The NC Cat
399 Posts
jdesigns said:

Growing up in Montana, I was used to seeing mountains a lot, so when I spent 8 months in Millington, TN, with the Navy, I wondered why people liked the smaller rolling hills!
I'm there with you. I grew up in the Alps (see picture) and now I live in the south of the SF bay area. I really like this place I do miss being surrounded by mountains a LOT. There are few hills here but it is not the same. For some time I lived in Illinois and the whole flatness was really uncomfortable.

Attachments

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Scribbles said:
We don't have those silly hills to get in the way of our roads?

:)

So, you just have really straight boring roads? What is the fun in that? ;) Just kidding! If that was the case, I'd probably be into drag racing more! :D

·
The NC Cat
399 Posts
Beetlemania said:
Jerk. In a good way, of course.:D

I actually really think this is one of the things that I enjoy more of the mountains. I do not see so far head and so every curve is a new scenery, a new surprise. It is a little bit why I can hike 3 continuos days in the mountains but on flat land I get bored and tired easily. Of course it is all very subjective, that's just me :)

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
neko said:
They are, thanks (not that I made them, but complimenting home makes me feel better:)).
My wife and I often look at Montana for our retirement home :)

Just be sure to get a place in the western half of the state. I grew up in the eastern half, and it's not that pretty. :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts