NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
VAG, it's a lifestyle...
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm thinking of doing an old school/new style blend of graphics on the lightnin' bug. Quick mock up in photoshop to show what I'm thinking of....opinions? comments?

Anthracite Carbon fibre film insert with red stripe to accent.

option 2, black stripe with black GTI style lower stripe over carbon insert
I didn't think I'd like this one, but I'm kind of digging it......

I may do up a third option tonight when I get home that combines the GTI style stripe on the lower portion with the red stripe above.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Pic 1 not showing up!

·
VAG, it's a lifestyle...
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and then of course, there's option 4 which dumps the CF insert entirely and makes it a sportier theme (who said I couldn't be complicated?...LOL)

·
VAG, it's a lifestyle...
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To be honest, my original thought was to do an upper wrap with a red stripe (I like the red with this combo), but I'm leery to personalize it too much with something that can't be changed afterwards (3M dinoc wrap is considered permanent). Individualized cars can be a lot harder to sell down the road. :(

I think I will most likely go this route below as I ordered a turbonium kit from ECS.

I'm going to dump the silly turbonium graphic and have a custom iron cross made to fit in it's place something like this

·
JOE CAT BEETLE ADDICT
249 Posts
best graphics for a beetle hands down- top dog if you ask me,

What A shame i sold that one- Now I have an 03 turbo vert in harvest moon, Lets see what happens,

joe

Attachments

·
VAG, it's a lifestyle...
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So, I ended up ordering the "turbonium" graphics kit from ECS (it was less than $4, how can I go wrong)...installed it, removed the stupid Trb portion (no offense intended to those that run it or like it...I don't) and hand cut a Messerschmitt style iron cross......crappy iPad pics , but I think it turned out fairly decent. Will have to clean her up and do a proper shoot once I'm off work next.......

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
So, I ended up ordering the "turbonium" graphics kit from ECS (it was less than $4, how can I go wrong)...installed it, removed the stupid Trb portion (no offense intended to those that run it or like it...I don't) and hand cut a Messerschmitt style iron cross......crappy iPad pics , but I think it turned out fairly decent. Will have to clean her up and do a proper shoot once I'm off work next.......

I liked your first Iron Cross one.

Stuck it in MSPaint ..

Think this looks cooler :confused:

:)

·
VAG, it's a lifestyle...
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Unfortunately, any version of stylized cross looks like it was just stuck in there, it doesn't tie in the stripe like the squared version does.....which is why I ultimately decided on that route.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
I have to agree, but only because of the height of the stripes v. the size of the cross. Sorry, but this looks way better.

And this concept

Or this one

were killer, and I don't think either would hurt your value even a little bit, might even enhance the desireability of a vehicle with the age of yours.

Of course, not $4, nice isn't usually cheap.

Just my 2¢

Silver, black, and a touch of red ALWAYS work, I owned this one (bought new) back in '70's, one of my favorite formerly owned vehicles

M.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts