NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys- try this one out...
I thought I was experiencing the typical missing / out of place magnets for my tiptronic as I usually did not switch over to tip-mode when moving my shifter to the right, and a few times saw the [blocked] indicators on my gauge cluster.... It's those pesky magnets right? I'm not so sure! Here's why...

I noticed that if I shift into Neutral prior to turning on the ignition, I can then shift to drive, move it to the right, and bingo- tiptronic works. Now, I've been away from the forum the past couple months (busy busy), so I've been doing this for a while, and it is 100%- tiptronic works perfectly EVERY single time I put the car in neutral before starting the car.

I also noticed that it continues to work after shifting to reverse, turning around, back to D over to tip, yep all good - BUT, if I put it into park at any point, no more tiptronic unless I turn it off and restart in neutral again...

So, one day when I was exploring in VCDS I noticed that in whatever measuring block shows the gear you're in... it does not show that I'm in park if I start the car in park, but does show everything else as I move through the gears, except nothing happens when I move over to tip... If I start with the car in neutral, VCDS shows everything correctly as I move through the gears including tip, and when I move it to park after being turned on in neutral, it acknowledges then that I put it in park.

Lastly, I do not need my key nor my foot on the brake to shift from park. I can go out right now, without my key not put my foot on the brake and shift out of park. I've gotten quite used to it since I've been starting in neutral every day to use my tiptronic lol!
But wait, before you say brake safety switch- know this... My brake lights do work correctly, AND in Neutral the indicator on the shifter for brake lights, and DOES require me to brake to shift.

Btw- yes I do throw a tiptronic implausible code- (only when I turn on ignition in park :p) and no other related codes. If it were the magnets- then I can't see having a 100% success rate when I start in neutral.

Thoughts???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same as you with the tip faults by the sounds of it. I've already changed the shifter circuit board and agree def not the magnets as both present on the slider.

·
Registered
13,469 Posts
Please post, the trouble codes; you are getting. A new thread or a more in depth explanation; of your current issues with your Touareg, would be helpful and let us know, what scan tool, you are using. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts