NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
DIESL PWR
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Jeff, James, and co.

I know you're down with AJAX, so...

Would it be too difficult to tweak the "Rate This Thread" menu so that instead of clicking on a radio button and clicking "submit", you would simply highlight the option you want and then click it? I know this is pretty basic AJAX stuff involved here, but I don't know how much freedom vB gives you to tweak everything.

See, I don't think people are using the thread rating feature as much as they could because it's a bit of a hassle to select and cilck. This would make it exctremely easy and get people rating more often.

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
I can look into it. I kind of doubt it's something I could modify without changing the vB Javascripts. I really don't want to do that, because when a new version of vB comes out my changes will get overwritten and I'll just have to re-do them. I'll check, though.

·
DIESL PWR
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those bastards :lol:

Thanks for looking into it. I'm so used to using stuff like Flickr that these UI enhancements seem more natural. I wonder if the folks at vBulletin are with it enough to be working on a shiny AJAX-ified forum right now? (prays)

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
I think we will see more and more AJAX in vBulletin in the future. They've already got the basic AJAX functions built in, they're just not using them in too many places yet (the edit button and then change-the-thread-title-on-the-forum-view-page thing are the two main places). But, since the functions are all in place, I'd think they could easily add the functionality in just about anywhere they wanted without too much effort.

Hopefully they will...

·
DIESL PWR
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aw, shucks, I thought you had done the thread title thing :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts