NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any way to make it so that I don't have to manually select subscribe?

I liked how on the old boards, I'd automatically get notifications, and then hit the stop sending link if I wasn't interested anymore.

SMG

·
DIESL PWR
354 Posts
Or to be more specific, go to User CP, then Edit Options. From there, go to the Messaging & Notification section, where you will be able to make e-mail notifications standard. Like the old forums.

Remember, this is a new version of the same forum software, so most of the ways the old forum worked can be enabled somewhere in the settings. :)

·
33 ⅓
15,621 Posts
ASurroca said:
Or to be more specific, go to User CP, then Edit Options. From there, go to the Messaging & Notification section, where you will be able to make e-mail notifications standard. Like the old forums.

Remember, this is a new version of the same forum software, so most of the ways the old forum worked can be enabled somewhere in the settings. :)
Thanks for that tip!

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
For the record, I chose to turn the e-mail notification system off by default because it's pretty stressful on the mail server. I certainly don't mind people using it (or else I would have turned it off all together!), but I just know the old forums send out tons and tons of mail to people who don't really want or need it. If you want it, then by all means use it, but this way, I can relieve the strain on the mail server a bit by only sending messages to those who really want them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts