NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1999 New Beetle - 2.0L - Gasoline

I bought my beetle back in September 2010. The Fan Control Module blew about a month later and caused the engine fans to run after shutoff nonstop until they drained the battery. I called the previous owner and inquired and he said he had replaced the thermal switch. I then purchased a used FCM from ebay. that fixed the problem for about a month then the same issue came back. I then purchased a brand new FCM and installed it and that again fixed the problem all the way until today.

So, I have blown 3 FCMs within one year - one of which lasted about 10 months (the new one). So obviously, there is something causing this issue.

So, the thermal switch was replaced - the FCM was replaced twice and I also purchased a new battery (all of which posters suggested as possible problems in this previous thread - http://newbeetle.org/forums/2-0-liter-gas/46225-radiator-fans-running-after-shutoff.html)

Please help - I am at my wit's end with this car and unfortunately, the next step is the VW Stealership!

many thanks - Brad.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts