NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The overhead displays are too dim to read and dash rheo doesn't help. Additionally the mpg gage is entirely inaccurate.
any solutions for these?
BTW I enlightened the speedo/tach (for german thats a large faiure), and gas gage displays with a $10 line of fine led's but still I don't think the brightness was originally that dim in my 07.

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
Hey, do you mind posting some pictures of the problems you are having and that way, it will be more clear.... To understand what you are talking about. There are many places online that repair speedo clusters; that is typically, the most cost effective solution.... Because of the key matching and immobilized issues makes programming a issue for new parts...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a picture would not help; the backlight time/mpg readout image is so dim the characters are not readily readible unless its dark. I originally thought it was a weak 'bulb' but there doresn't seem to be an access so I presume its an LED.
The speedo/tach/gas gage are no problem. I added a ring of small LED's and replaced the tiny speed characters with bigger digits with wider strokes that are easy to read day or night. but the overhead time and mpg displays aren't accessible that I know of. Is there a resistor in those circuits that can be adjusted?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts