NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any tips for changing both o2 sensors? Any special tools or could I use normal wrenches? What size of wrenches if so? Any thing I should do while the car is jacked up? Any help is appreciated, thank you!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Awesome
91 Posts
There is an O2 sensor "tool" that you can buy so it doesn't mess up the wires, tho I think you can fashion one of your own. In my experience, with VWs, whenever a situation arises where a special tool is required, just buy the special tool. ECS tuning has worked wonders for me in that department. Things like timing tool, O2 sensor socket tool, and others in the long run will serve you well. I would always park my car over a ditch and do it that way. Kinda shady but works! Good luck!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Should be able to use a regular open-end 7/8 wrench on pre-cat o2, wouldn't spring for the special tool unless you have multiple 2.0 VWs or are a VW tech. Auto parts stores may have them for rent as well.
And its not much of a tip, but I was surprised to find that the little nuts holding the junction box covers were made of plastic. Also be sure to use the subframe up front for lifting the car, pinch weld was okay for jackstands but it bent on the jack every time..
Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts