NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,315 Posts
I am still on my first bottle of Meguires Tire Gel. The stuff lasts so long, goes so far, and shines so well that I don't see how you can run out. :lol:

I have had this bottle for two years, have done about 20 cars with it, including my own and the bottle is still 3/4 full. :confused:

Tom aka Fowvay

·
Thomas
361 Posts
I use Black Magic Tire Wet, but I think I'm going to try and find some Tire Gel now. Does the gel have the same good smell as the tire wet?

I used to use Armor All on my tires back in the 90's, but that made the tires dry rot. Never heard of people using vaseline, and definitely never heard of gorilla grease.:p

·
Super Moderator
5,363 Posts
I can't remember what I use. There is a very limited choice here. I think I use Armor All or something. All I remember is it comes in a spray can and foams up. It works good. THis reminds me that I need to wash the bug.

·
2000 Cyber Green GLX
27 Posts
Normally I use NO TOUCH WET n' Protect. But now that all of you are saying that the meguiars tire gel is good, I will have to try it. I sell a whole crap load of different products, Mothers, Meguiars, No Touch, Armorall, Turtle wax, but i have found that the NO TOUCH works the best. I used to use Tire Foam by no touch but it attracted to much dust and crap.

·
I AM SMILEY MAN!!!
310 Posts
Zaino also makes a nice tire cleaner/shine product.

I had a bottle of stuff in the garage, that I used every so often. It strips all the tire shine stuff off the tires, deep cleans and replaces the chemicals that leaches out of the rubber over time, that turn them a dull gray/black. It's not a shine product, but a cleaner rejuvenator. The problem is, I ran out of it a year or so ago, and didn't keep the container... now I can't remember what it was called.:confused:

·
Finch the BUG LVR!
433 Posts
I use Meguire's

I use Meguire's, The purple high-gloss gel stuff. It works great as I'm sure you know. If you want to get some more of it I strongly suggest going to car shows. Every car show I go to has a Meguire's booth. they've had it every time, and now I can't find it in stores so that is where I get it. I believe it is still on the website, which means it is not discontinued. I really hope this helps, and if you find it at a car show I strongly suggest you stock up!:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I like to use Meguiar's Insane Tire Shine - they currently have it as an aerosol, but I'm waiting for it to come out on spray so I can apply it by hand.

Here are the only pictures I have that shows its quality.

and It lasts pretty long - not as long as the tire gel, but's it's definately shiner!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts