NewBeetle.org Forums banner

Will you come to TNBRU VI if held October 4th weekend?

• YES! I would never miss a TNBRU

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • YES! I will try my hardest

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • I would love to come but...(please post response)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No...can't make it

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...we met last night for a meeting and were trying to figure out if we are going to put on the TNBRU this year...this would be our 6th year. It is alot of work and in the past all of the participants have made it worth the effort.

The issue has always been gas prices and Roswell. They strongly impact our attendance. Last year we were victims of weather, but we still had the one of the largest showings from out of town beetles and still managed to have a great weekend.

This year we are looking at October 4th weekend (we still have an insurance policy that we can use). We would like to get a count of how many are interested and how interested people are in making the trip to Dallas for the show that weekend.

FYI - http://www.dfwnbclub.org/TNBRU/ - It hasn't been updated since last year, but the links to previous shows are on there for those that don't know much about the show.

·
crank it up, suckers!
5,596 Posts
I put in my vite, and now I don't see cause for hesitation! I'll be seein' you, maybe even before October!

This isn't the same weekend as Conway, AR, again, is it?

(wow, that was a lot of commas!)

·
Super Moderator
8,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know...is, it? Do you have info on that. We could probably push it back a week...but not forward - we want to use the year long policy that is already paid for.

I will be coming to Roswell, so I will see you there Jacob...bringing my step-brother-in-law with me for the trip...but no dune...I tried, just doesn't fit:(

·
I gots a new dub!!
442 Posts
I will really try to come again!! It all depends on my work schedule at that time. I had fun last year and enjoyed the show.

·
crank it up, suckers!
5,596 Posts
marvins_dad said:
I don't know...is, it? Do you have info on that. We could probably push it back a week...but not forward - we want to use the year long policy that is already paid for.

I will be coming to Roswell, so I will see you there Jacob...bringing my step-brother-in-law with me for the trip...but no dune...I tried, just doesn't fit:(
Trailer that bad boy! :lol:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Just voted. Will try to make this year. We missed last year. Was on the road with the race team. Trying to find another beetle to get crazy with.:eek:

·
Super Moderator
8,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bugger said:
tnbru is the same weekend as bugtoberfest here in arkansas. always the first weekend in october.:eek:
If it was the week before would that work...would you think people would make the trip?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Beetlemania said:
Trailer that bad boy! :lol:
Hey Antoine. Get a trailer hitch on the beetle and you can use our other cargo trailer. It's a little larger than the one we take to Roswell. LMK and I will bring it to you. Size is 41W x 49L x 19H:D We took the larger one to Roswell in 2005

·
reddie or knot
1,411 Posts
i think the week before is the ennis car show. i know there were a few new b's there last year. i could be wrong on the date but im pretty sure im right. ill check my calendar.

·
Super Moderator
8,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If we don't do it this year we will def. take you up on that offer for the 10th year of Roswell.:cool:
There were a few cheap trailer hitches that I didn't take advantage on the org within the last few months, but I think they are all gone now.

·
Super Moderator
8,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bugger said:
i think the week before is the ennis car show. i know there were a few new b's there last year. i could be wrong on the date but im pretty sure im right. ill check my calendar.
Yeah Ennis used to piggy back our April show...so we have been trying to stay away from them. If their's is still on Sunday maybe that would be a good weekend so NB's can hit both.

·
Registered
245 Posts
marvins_dad said:
Yeah Ennis used to piggy back our April show...so we have been trying to stay away from them. If their's is still on Sunday maybe that would be a good weekend so NB's can hit both.
Ennis is June 1 and Sept. 7 this year.

·
crank it up, suckers!
5,596 Posts
I'd have no problem with either weekend. The Tulsa show will be Sep. 20th, so 3 shows in 3 weekends would be fun. It's no wax off my paint! :lol: I'm so excited!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Beetlemania said:
I'd have no problem with either weekend. The Tulsa show will be Sep. 20th, so 3 shows in 3 weekends would be fun. It's no wax off my paint! :lol: I'm so excited!
You haven't been in the Tulsa show the last 2 years that we have. Something change?:confused:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.