NewBeetle.org Forums banner

Will you be attending the 6th Annual TNBRU?

• Yes! wouldn't miss it!

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Yes

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Will try my hardest

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Can't make it this year

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
101 - 120 of 128 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
We've been talking this morning about cancelling.
We are going to watch the weather and hopefully Friday by noon we will make a decision.

If it looks like it is going to rain all weekend it isn't worth attempting the show.
If there is a chance that we will be dry until Saturday evening we will.

Any of you Houston folks or other folks that still are going to make the trip we can plan to get together for dinner somewhere if the show is canceled, not like I had anything else planned this weekend.:p:(

·
Registered
245 Posts
We wanted to go but Tina has to work this weekend and I will be in Mo. and Kansas with the race team Fri,Sat,&Sun. Will miss seeing everyone.:( Maybe if you have a rain date?

·
Super Moderator
8,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
We started a poll on our boards to see what the rest of the club thinks.

Looks like we will make a decision tonite so we can let you guys know before you head out.

http://www.dfwnbclub.org/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3846

If some of you guys still come from Houston to take advantage of the Host Hotel rate and get away from the Hurricane, let us know - we will probably throw together a get together for you guys - take over a restaurant or something and hang out one evening.

·
Super Moderator
8,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Unfortunately we never do the rain date - this year especially because of the insurance. We had insurance paid for an entire year and it runs out next weekend.

Jacob, you still coming down if we cancel or are you going to Beerfest?

·
Super Moderator
14,750 Posts
:( Stoopid hurricane :(

·
Super Moderator
8,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
They say that it won't rain here until late Saturday. Check it out.

And last night, Delkos said that we might even be like when Gustav came by, and miss us all together.
Can you find me an article online?

·
Registered
756 Posts
They say that it won't rain here until late Saturday. Check it out.

And last night, Delkos said that we might even be like when Gustav came by, and miss us all together.
yeah I was just checking that... new reports are that Ike will not make land fall until 1:00am Saturday and will track in-land due east of the Dallas area...

you guys know the area better, but does that leave the show site in the clear for most of the day...??? rain late Saturday evening and Sunday would only effect the poker-run...

I for one would hate to see the show called off only to find later that it was a "nice" day....

track the storm here: http://www.stormpulse.com/fullscreen/current

·
33 ⅓
15,621 Posts
Here is what I know right now: If Delkos is correct, and the storm stays to the east of Dallas, we will experience little to some rain here in the Lewisville area.

Forecast from the WFAA Weather Center
The track of Ike and where it makes landfall will determine our weekend weather here in North Texas. Right now Ike is forecast to make landfall near Galveston Bay just after midnight Friday. It will move from the coast to Mexia then to Canton and on to Paris before exiting the state and sliding into Arkansas. For the DFW area we'll see 2 to 4 inches of rain with isolated higher amounts, 40 -50 mph winds with higher gusts and a small threat of tornadoes east of Dallas. The closer you are to the track of the storm the higher the rainfall totals and the stronger the winds. If the track shifts farther to the east rainfall totals will be lower and the winds will be lighter.

·
crank it up, suckers!
5,596 Posts
Sorry guys. As I already mentioned to 'toine through texts I guess I'm out. I can't believe I'm doing this! I always stick to my plans! But I'm getting an irky feeling from Ike and will instead be heading north.

Hopefully I'll bring the bad weather with me and leave you guys under beautiful blue skies.

Sorry folks. I really am!

·
Super Moderator
8,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Someone found an indoor warehouse...but I think it is too late and too many folks have canceled their rooms to have the show - and change location at this point...I'll post more later when we make it official.

·
Super Moderator
8,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
LOL I saw the new thread in the Suggestions Box.

I find it funnier using the filters.

Dadnabit that fornicating hurricane! LOL

Yeah - our club has voted 11-1 to cancel because of the oncoming fall out from the storm. Even if we don't get rain during the show the high winds will make it really difficult. Besides most folks traveling are canceling their reservations and it seems the locals are so finicky that if there is a chance of a drop of rain they don't show (we found that out last year.)

Sorry we couldn't put on the show this year. The trophies and goodie bags were all ready to go.

If you pre-registered via paypal I'll have Stephen refund your money through paypal.

·
Super Moderator
8,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Yeah - Mike and I just conffered and decided that, despite the last second offering of a warehouse that the change of venue, threat of bad weather and many cancellations that we wouldn't have enough people show up.

Last year we had 21 cars, most were out of towners, a large number were from Houston. Houston crew is out for the most part. We lost our California shower, haven't heard from some of the folks from last year. Last year the only locals that came to the show were one car from Fort Worth, some of the club members and 1 GTI from a local club...the reasoning was, "the others in my club thought it was going to rain".

·
Registered
756 Posts
Yeah - Mike and I just conffered and decided that, despite the last second offering of a warehouse that the change of venue, threat of bad weather and many cancellations that we wouldn't have enough people show up.

Last year we had 21 cars, most were out of towners, a large number were from Houston. Houston crew is out for the most part. We lost our California shower, haven't heard from some of the folks from last year. Last year the only locals that came to the show were one car from Fort Worth, some of the club members and 1 GTI from a local club...the reasoning was, "the others in my club thought it was going to rain".
PM sent...

hope to see you guys next year..

101 - 120 of 128 Posts