NewBeetle.org Forums banner

Will you be attending the 6th Annual TNBRU?

• Yes! wouldn't miss it!

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Yes

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Will try my hardest

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Can't make it this year

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
crank it up, suckers!
5,596 Posts
Thank you all for the valiant effort and for keeping us all updated these last few days. I'm really sorry the show didn't work out and that Ike went after you so aggressively. Keep safe (and relatively dry!) out there! I'll be sure to do a road trip out that way in the next couple of months to make up for this!

·
33 ⅓
15,621 Posts
Thank you all for the valiant effort and for keeping us all updated these last few days. I'm really sorry the show didn't work out and that Ike went after you so aggressively. Keep safe (and relatively dry!) out there! I'll be sure to do a road trip out that way in the next couple of months to make up for this!
You better. We had cleaned house for you, and you alone.

Okay, maybe for others...but you were on top of the list!

·
crank it up, suckers!
5,596 Posts
Just curious, what did the weather end up doing in the Big D area? What would we have put up with?

I didn't go to St Louis for the beer festival, either. There was supposed to be a hurricane going through there about the time I was coming home. I sat at home (in the rain Sat night! There was a hurricane coming through) and enjoyed a relaxed weekend at home. What did you all end up doing?

·
Super Moderator
8,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #125 (Edited)
It was okay Friday.
Drizzled all day Saturday and some slight winds...would have been horrible show weather.
Sunday was absolutely beautiful!

There is talk about getting together with some other local watercooled clubs to do a joint meetup or show at some point.
Don't know if it will happen this year or plan for next. Just in the beginning process of discussions.

We went to Studio Movie Grill and saw Burn After Reading - Mike, Anthony and Myself along with passangers (except me) - note to self...or Mike, don't bring your 14 year old daughter to a movie like that.
Saturday - I worked from 9:30ish until about 6:30pm...got some take out sushi then crashed after eating on the couch.
Sunday - quickly washed my car to meet up with some of the dfdubs crew (they were really looking forward to the TNBRU) at 11, but then had to leave to go watch the Saints game at TJ's house.

·
100% Texan 100% NBC Lover
135 Posts
Are ya'll have another round up this year?

And where was the round up at? Would love to attend! I have been trying to find an Austin group or get one started.:cool:

·
Super Moderator
8,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
It was up here in Dallas...but is no longer.
Our club is pretty lean these days and we are no longer hosting as the NB scene in Dallas isn't what it used to be.

The Houston Club puts on a good night show that has all types of VW's - but currently there isn't an all NB show outside of Roswell,NM other than the Tail of the Dragon get together.

121 - 128 of 128 Posts