NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you can think of things that need to be done, add them here. I'll try to maintain a master list in this post.

- DONE: Integrate banner ad system
- DONE: Finalize new member sponsor system
- DONE: Remove "Main Category" and clean up any remaining mod posts from the testing period.

·
Super Moderator
14,774 Posts
I have a question. Just what is a "member sponser". I see that I am one, but I don't know what it is..... :confused:

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dnyed said:
I have a question. Just what is a "member sponser". I see that I am one, but I don't know what it is..... :confused:
In the past, a "member sponsor" has been anyone who has donated any $$$ to NewBeetle.org. A "member sponsor" has never had any additional access or features over a regular user -- other than the recognition of being a member sponsor.

With the new forums, I'm going to change it a bit. I'm going to set up a payment system right here in the forums where people can pay a small fee (I'm thinking either $10 or $15) for a lifetime "member sponsor subscription" to NewBeetle.org. People who have paid the small fee will have a handful of advanced features in the forums -- notably greater storage for images and private messages. People who haven't paid will still have basically all the same access they have in the past, they will just have a few more limits on their account. I will make anyone who has donated in the past a member sponsor in the new system, as well, so they won't have to pay the small fee.

But basically, a member sponsor is simply someone who has supported the org financially.

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BUGNME said:
How long does your "sponsorship" last? I couldn't find a time in the post, but it is early and I am not totally awake!!!:D
Forever (actually, the most the system will let me do is 30 years...but that's basically forever). $15 lifetime is what I'm thinking,

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pdoel said:
We need to remove this "Main Category" area.

;)

We also need to setup the mods in their appropriate areas.
Yes, we do. Good one. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BUGNME said:
Ok, now that you've all made fun of me :crying: does it SAY "lifetime" anywhere????? Just trying to help.:blahblah: :blahblah:
http://newbeetle.org/vb3/payments.php

That's where you will pay for it. It says 30 years, which is actually more accurate than "lifetime."

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
jcroft said:
If you can think of things that need to be done, add them here. I'll try to maintain a master list in this post.

- Integrate banner ad system
- DONE: Finalize new member sponsor system
- Remove "Main Category" and clean up any remaining mod posts from the testing period.
Main Category has been obliterated.

Mod Discussion of VB3 forum has been moved to the hideout (Moderator Forum area) and the threads from the "main forum" have been moved into the fungrounds

Also..

The Moderator section has been broken down into 4 categories
1) Fungounds - General Mod Discussion
2) Threads Needing Attention - Place to alert mods of threads requiring moderator cleanup/chastising
3) User Watch/Banlist - A place to discuss the bannings/warnings/watchings of users
4) Thread Graveyard - When we got a thread that just really really needs to disappear... move it here...

We also have the Discussion Forum for the VB3 installation, these threads can be moved into the fungrounds after we are satisified with the implementation and no longer need a separate forum to discuss them in.

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
BUGNME said:
There needs to be a discription under Marketplace, "VW related items" for sale.
There are a few forums that require descriptions, as I wasnt the most inventive when creating the forums...

The following forums need descriptions

Hobbies
-- Photography
-- Amature/Professional Motorsports

For the Love of Volkswagens

2.5 Litre Gas
Transmission Related Issues (Are we planning on renaming this one to Transmission talk?)
New Beetle Coupe (Are we keeping this forum?)
Buyer/Seller/Dealership Feedback (Can anyone think of a better name?)
VW Related Items for Sale
Espangol Forums (Is this what we want to call it?)

HT:Religion
HT:politics
HT:Rants

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
CrazyJames said:
There are a few forums that require descriptions, as I wasnt the most inventive when creating the forums...
I'll go through all the forums and update/add descriptions...

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Hey, we still need to add the categories under the Event Announcement area.

Also, we talked last week about setting up the calendar so that regular users could create events on the calendar, but that we'd need to approve it. It didn't seem to be working, and I think that's still the case? Not sure.

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
pdoel said:
Hey, we still need to add the categories under the Event Announcement area.

Also, we talked last week about setting up the calendar so that regular users could create events on the calendar, but that we'd need to approve it. It didn't seem to be working, and I think that's still the case? Not sure.
I'll try to create an entry or two with my "JeffTest" account and see...

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
jcroft said:
I'll try to create an entry or two with my "JeffTest" account and see...
Okay, I created an event on the 25th called "This is a test event, yo!" and it told me that my event had been submitted but wouldn't appear on the calendar until a moderator had approved it. Now, we need to figure out how to properly approve it...

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Okay, you definitely have to go to the moderator control panel to approve events. I confirmed that my event is awaiting moderation, but left it that way so you could do it, pdeol. Do you still not see a "Mod" link in the very bottom-right of your page?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts