VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Forum,
Newbie question, I have a 2002 1.8T with the Monsoon system. It sounds horrible, I was going to simply replace the headunit and speakers, but as I read, I don't think it's that simple. Can I just upgrade the speakers and keep the Monsoon head, or should I replace the headunit and power the speakers off that unit bypassing the OEM? Trying the find the most cost effective solution to what I thought was a simple problem. Thank you for any input/suggestions.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I thought my speakers were awful too and was contemplating changing it all. Monsoon as well in a 2004 convertible.

I replaced the head unit and it now sounds fantastic without having changed the speakers

·
Registered
1964 Deluxe, 2005 GLS 2014 Rline
322 Posts
Everything is replaceable. Don’t forget the monsoon has an amp in the trunk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I replaced the dash and rear speakers, along with the headunit. I wired the dash speakers directly to the headunit, the rear speakers are attached via the harness, now I have no rear speakers. I thinking of bypassing the Monsoon completely and run the rear speakers off the headunit as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I replaced the dash and rear speakers, along with the headunit. I wired the dash speakers directly to the headunit, the rear speakers are attached via the harness, now I have no rear speakers. I thinking of bypassing the Monsoon completely and run the rear speakers off the headunit as well.
Can I use the blue wire to power the antenna also be used to power the OEM amp? what color is that wire? Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts