NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called VWoA today to see if there was any thing that could be done about my airbag light... of course the answer was "no". but I was informed that the window regulators have an extended manufacture warranty on them. its "7 years unlimited miles" (from the production date of your car) sorry if some one else has already posted this... just thought I'd let you all know

·
Gotta love the Bug
63 Posts
Thanks! Good to know -- I just had my drivers side regulator fixed at a VW/Audi shop (not dealer) for about $300. If the passenger goes in the next few years... Thanks!

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
I forget, does that cause the alarm sensor to not know the door is open & essentially reset even with the door open? Knock on wood my window still works but the sensor doesn't.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Nope, that would be the door microswitch.

·
No NB Yellow Trifecta :(
5,634 Posts
I called VWoA today to see if there was any thing that could be done about my airbag light... of course the answer was "no". but I was informed that the window regulators have an extended manufacture warranty on them. its "7 years unlimited miles" (from the production date of your car) sorry if some one else has already posted this... just thought I'd let you all know
I did not know it was unlimited miles; but the wife's NB got her windows done about three weeks before it expired :D ...

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
Nope, that would be the door microswitch.
Thanks, I knew it wasn't right but couldn't think of the part :rolleyes: getting old sure bites :mad:

·
Ret.
839 Posts
Originally Posted by beetlekid

I was told yesterday by VWoA that this 7 year extended warrant did not apply to convertibles...something about convertibles using a different regulator.:confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts