NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally had a nice warm day to clean her up and take some decent pictures so without further adieu I present to you all, Amanda the queen of the driveway.

Attachments

·
Semi-Lurk Mode: GOOOOO
2,842 Posts
I finally had a nice warm day to clean her up and take some decent pictures so without further adieu I present to you all, Amanda the queen of the driveway.
Don't look now, but in that 6th picture, your forward turn signal is on. :D

Congrats, man! It's a good looking car!

·
9,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Growler said:
nice, slushbox?

is it a Q?
It's just a slushbox a regular fwd.
bugsy98nb said:
Nice 5000 S . just be aware of tranny problems and coolant. My 87 was as clean as yours but was a mechicanl nightmare :(
I bought it with the tranny completely drained of fluid. I had to replace the pan gasket and filter before i could even drive it. The car shifts perfectly fine but if it does give me any trouble.... justi will not rest until there is a 5-speed in this car. (he's just itching to do it, and i keep on telling him no, it's not broken.)
JonK said:
Jose,

:)Cool Ride!!!!!

Happy Driving,

JonK
She's a blast so far. A little picky cuz she misses her old daddy (i'm not joking on this one), but she's definately a fun ride.
mentalVdub said:
they graced my name on an audi!?!?

oh geeze!
Uhmm, nope. The pervious owner named her that, and when he told me, of course i thought of you, and i thought it was entirely fitting. She's definately a manders.....
FineExampl said:
I like it man. :goodjob:
Engine bay looks pretty solid too, aside from some overdue polishing and whatnot.
How's the body and seats and stuff?
The interior is even mintier than the exterior. I havent gotten any shots yet, but most of it looks brand spankin new.
The Cheat said:
i've driven it! :)

it's not a quattro (i wear those pants), but it's definitely pimp status.
Yeah, i know you're jealous.
PhoenixRising said:
ditto.
Desiron said:
So how slow is it? :p
It's the fastest car i've owned, and the first car i've owned that had more than 8 valves or an automatic.
wawalker said:
That's pretty sharp for a 22 year old car. Mmmmm, me like 22 year olds....;)
I soooo could go somewhere with this.... but i'm not.
FarrisK said:
Don't look now, but in that 6th picture, your forward turn signal is on. :D

Congrats, man! It's a good looking car!
Thanks man. Yeah, those are the new HID instrument cluster bulbs. they literally blind people trying to sleep in the backset when you take a turn. :lol

And now an update. I got a new book and installed some new speakers. The amps and deck are the same as my other cars...

Attachments

·
9,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Let's face it, with a mind like yours, you could go "around the world" with that...;)

Oh, and the Audi is coming together nicely.:)
I could go somewhere, but no one wants to hear it.

The audi is due for a timing belt. I already have the whole shebang in a box waiting for a warm weekend. i prolly could have done it instead of putting the radio in... but i guess my priorities lie elsewhere, and also justin would be mad if i did the timing belt without him. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,413 Posts
Nice car.....my in laws had an 84 5000S. It was nice to drive but the 5 cyl engine was underpowered. The speed limit back then was 55mph so it really didn't matter. The styling of the car reminds me of cars from the Thunderbirds or Fireball XL5 kids shows of the 60's.

·
9,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
larryziegler said:
Nice car.....my in laws had an 84 5000S. It was nice to drive but the 5 cyl engine was underpowered. The speed limit back then was 55mph so it really didn't matter. The styling of the car reminds me of cars from the Thunderbirds or Fireball XL5 kids shows of the 60's.
The 10v is no joke, even stock. Yeah, it's sorta like the 2.0, but after having two 8v VW's and now a 10v, I, for one, have no problem with the upgrade in power. Although I'm pretty sure the motor in the 87's are more powerful than in 84. I had her up to speed and she cruises nicely.
topless kitty said:
woot! my name is amanda :D
;) Do you want a taco?

·
9,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I went to the yearly new england dustoff today and it was AWESOME! It was the biggest turnout ever at the speedway, and i got to meet Miss Ruby! She's totally rock and roll!! :D

Justin aslo came by with a gift for me! Since I gave him a gift a few weeks ago of some super kickass speakers, i got these in return. What do y'all think? They have smaller chassis tires on them, thats why miss amanda DWARFS them in the front, but i think they actually look good (or would with a good drop), once i cleaned them. Justinm, do you ever clean any of your rims? geez louise!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 54 Posts