VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My name is Tom. I have had a TDI NB since 2005. It has been a dream to operate. It now has a mere 256,000 miles, and nothing has ever broken on it that I didn't break myself. It has the original transmission, engine, and clutch. My ex-wife took out a few oilpans, and I nailed the intercooler once, but besides that and a few timing belts, it has been the perfect car. My six-month running average is 42 MPG.

One thing that is unusual about my beetle is that I immediately took out the rear seats and never put them back in. It is amazing what a large cargo area that makes. I have camped back there more than once. It's bigger than a two man tent.

I also put a towing hitch on it back in 2005. Best investment ever. The TDI tows like a champ. Hauls more than a quarter-ton pickup, and still gets 40 MPG. Even took a 50 minute ride towing a 1400 gallon septic tank once, which was bigger in every dimension than the Beetle itself. It was like being tailgated for an hour by a big black bus.

I am planning to buy a NB convertible for my fiance. But I can't find a ragtop TDI, sadly. So I am fixing to buy a gasoline engine Beetle. Hopefully the learning curve won't be too bad.

Hello, everyone!

·
5/23/10 <3
11,417 Posts
Welcome! If you are looking for a pre-2012 Beetle TDI 'vert, they didn't exist. But if you go new, they do make the 'vert in a TDI now!

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts