NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if it's just me as a new driver or also as a new beetle driver, but it seems that people like to park really, really close to my bug. In my parking lot at home, the guy next to me parks so close to my beetle, that my husband has seen the guy get out of his dodge charger through the passenger side! :eek: My husband parks his Jeep on the other side of me to the left. So today, when there were no cars next to me on either side, I moved my precious beetle to my husband's parking spot. My silly husband parked to the left of me (which no one owns that spot) instead of trading places with me. Then two hours later, the dodge charger is parked in my previous (paid for) spot! And close again! :mad: I can't get away! So I left him a note on his windshield. Looks like he got the note and the car's not there for now in any spot. Any one feel closed-in when people park close to your beetle? What have you done?

·
Registered
148 Posts
oohh yes - I also enjoy when I park al the way out in the parking lot when there are like a bizzillion spots towards the front of the store, you come out and there are cars BOTH sides with all the other spots open!! AAHHH - Today I was at the Quik-Mart and a guy in a jackup truck pulled right up on the passenger side. I was in the car, when my hubby came out of the store - he said to the guy - are you freakin' kidding me pal - now how are you gonna get out you dumba** - the guy made a stupid comment like - Well, i figured i just step on your little bug. Now my husband is 6'3" and 270 lbs. and not in a good mood today so that wasn't a good thing! I may be biased by my big hubby does look cute driving my baby blue buggy with a flower in it!!!:)

·
1,255 Posts
When parking I never pull all the way into the space. I park like I am school bus, i.e., your tail end is just past the bumpers of anyone else in the lot. This makes one pull straight in rather than at an angle while parking next to you. Not a total cure but does help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts