VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2004 convertible new beetle and love it. Went out with top down to enjoy some fresh air. Got back home top came up but stopped 2-3 inches from closing. Tried several times (down/back up) and got the same results. Not sure if I should force the top down to lock it. Don't want to damage anything by forcing it to close. See photos

Thoughts?

Advance thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,627 Posts
We seem to be getting a TON of discussions; about malfunctioning convertible tops lately, as people take their cars out in summer weather, taking the tops up and down, after hibernating in the winter.

There typically, is a fault in the tops position sensors; causing, a fault, making the system stop moving, in the closing or opening mode of operation.

You might start troubleshooting the problem; by resetting the computer and clear the fault, see if things work again.

Hard reset: remove the + and - cables from the battery, touch them together and reinstall, back on the battery.

Have any charging system or low battery problems; been occurring lately?

Report back your results and we can go from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We seem to be getting a TON of discussions; about malfunctioning convertible tops lately, as people take their cars out in summer weather, taking down, up the tops.

There typically, is a fault in the tops position sensors; causing, a fault, making the system stop moving, in the closing or opening mode of operation.

You might start troubleshooting the problem; by resetting the computer and clear the fault, see if things work again.

Hard reset: remove the + and - cables from the battery, touch them together and reinstall, back on the battery.

Have any charging system or low battery problems; been occurring lately?

Report back your results and we can go from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will let you all know. Thanks.
No problems charging system or low battery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts