NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
All this & I can cook too
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got the Torque Pro app and the ELM OBDII bluetooth adapter, and I have to say it's an insane bargain. I remember not too long ago when it cost near $100 and a trip to the dealership to get codes pulled using a diagnostic computer, plus the wait involved, and now it's plug and play. The only snag I have encountered is that the CPU in my 02 NB Turbo S doesn's readily show certain information, such as hp, torque, and a few others I would like to show readings for. Is there any way to set the sensor readings within Torque pro to read these, or is it too risky given it's working with the car's computer?

Sorry for the technobabble, i'm sure it will make sense to anyone who's worked with it before.

Thanks,
Chef

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
I had / have the same arrangement and wondered the same thing. In reading on the Torque website they indicated some cars didn't have sensors or output for all of the possible areas the app supports.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Torque is a generic OBD tool, many of the ECM PID's are manufacturer specific and the generic tool/software suppliers do not interrogate the non generic PID's.

Unless you luck out and find a software developer that has a like car and is interested in digging into the non standard PID's, but even this is a can of worms as model, engine type and year changes make this a moving target and to many purchasers asking and wanting more. So many developers keep their cards very close and only use the non standard PID's for their personal cars unless they can uncover the master plan for the manufacturer specific PID's and this is not usually what happens.

Be happy with what you have!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts