VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Short background: Bought 06 NB Vert, took to quicky oil change place. Said "we can't help", cant get skid plate off. Went to mechanic, put up on lift, some bolts out, 2 bolts about 3" apart all 'boogered' up. Guy said we don't have tools to get these bolts out. The heads look more like 12 point than Torx. I think someone tried Torx drivers and stripped out the recess. My Haynes manual doesn't mention anything about 12 point metric drivers. Bought a small set at auto shop for $14. Hoping these will work so I can finally change oil. Or, buy a pump and suck the oil out thru the dipstick......what a hassle! Think if I can get the pan off, I'll cut a hole to reach the drainplug. Bill

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yup,triple square bit ......

...or 12 pt. Mine were all buggered up too, probably from the PO bottoming out the car or going over a curb or ???? Anyway, a bitch to get out the first time. I replaced mine with regular bolts but eventually, next time I'm at the dealer, I'll get the proper bolts. Mainly because they are rounded whereas the bolts I used are not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts