NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I have been driving the car for a while and after coming to a stop I start feeling the car very heavy. It seems to be stuck in 3rd gear it will take off but feel very heavy. If I manually shift the gear to 1st and then 2nd and so on it works fine, but in Drive it starts off from 3rd gear.
I read in another thread to reset the trans by turning the key to on and holding the gas pedal for about 30 sec and then starting the car.
Any other suggestions or is this the beginning of a very expensive problem?
A few days ago I disconnected the battery because it was lose and I cleaned the post. I have only had this car for about one week so I have not really driven it a whole lot.
Could it be just a sensor. Since manually 1st and 2nd work fine?

·
Probably MIA
2,800 Posts
What year and engine is this car? Is it a normal auto or is it a DSG/Tiptronic?

If it is the regular auto slushbox...sorry to say but it looks as if another 01M is gonna bite the dust. Time to do some research. I have some recent posts here that might help you a bit. Can you drive a stick? There's a decent deal on a 5 speed swap from a 1.8T in the classifieds section.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, the car is a 99 GLS with automatic transmission, it's the regular trans the car is a 2.0 with about 83,xxx miles

1 - 3 of 3 Posts