VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear friends,

I have a 2005 VW Beetle 1.8T (right hand drive).

Lately I found there is a problem with the transmission system. I have already contacted my workshop, they say it needs to be changed.

I've tried to find (used ) but I can't find because that type of car is too rare here.

For that I ask for your opinion on how to solve my problem. Whether I had to replace the transmission system with another model.....what is the model and whether it can reduce its profomance.

Your views are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

My email: [email protected] I'm

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dear friends,

I have a 2005 VW Beetle 1.8T (right hand drive).

Lately I found there is a problem with the transmission system. I have already contacted my workshop, they say it needs to be changed.

I've tried to find (used ) but I can't find because that type of car is too rare here.

For that I ask for your opinion on how to solve my problem. Whether I had to replace the transmission system with another model.....what is the model and whether it can reduce its profomance.

Your views are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

My email: [email protected]

·
5/23/10 <3
11,452 Posts
What is going on with the transmission? What transmission do you have (4-speed? 6-speed tiptronic? etc.)?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mr. Smilebug...

Thanks for your prompt reply.

My car equip with 4 speed automatic transmission system.

It always "jerks" when switching between second and third gears. I had already made an oil change for few times, but it didn’t solve my problem.

Thank you.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,452 Posts
Doubtful the whole transmission needs replacing. Might need some parts replaced, like a valve body, but I imagine it can be fixed.

·
Registered
15,930 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts