NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my 2007 Convertible began slamming when I put it into reverse. I've been told I need the valve body replaced. My research indicated an extension to the basic warranty of the 2003-2007 models to 100K Miles or 7 years. Both my local dealer and VW of America says my car is not covered because it is VIN specific. The dealer says a minimum of $1,900 to replace the valve body! Does anyone know if this is true or am I receiving the "run around." My car has only 63K miles on it!!!!

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
If VW does not cover it, DIY or get someone to pull your valve body and have it reworked.

You likely can get your valvebody reworked for around $600, fluid & filter around $125 and at most 3 hours of labor so you even right around $1000 you should be able to get the job done depending on where in the country you are located.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Valve Body

Yesterday, I had the Valve Body replaced in my '07 convertible at a cost of $1,800. I was told that the replacement was the "new and improved version." I hope this replacement lasts longer than the 63K miles that was on the original.
I have to say that Bret at South Bay VW in National City, CA was the perfect Service Rep as he was knowledgeable and explained everything to me. The above price included the transmission filter and I also had the oil and filter changed in the engine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well today I received a letter from VW of America Customer Care Department providing me information with regards to an alternate solution to my claim that VW should have paid for repairs to my transmission. It involves mediation and arbitration services offered by the BBB Auto Line. Has anyone dealt with them???

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
BBB Arbitration has been around for over 30 years.

Usually they have volunteers review the cases and usually they favor the consumer for the most part.

You just have to present a reasonable case. VW clearly knows there were problems with these transmission and even if your car fell outside of the window that VW was offering the extended warranty, you clearly have a similar problem as everyone else.

So if VW claims they improved things by the time your year came out, it is pretty clear their improvement did not work!!

You have nothing to loose other than a bit of your time. If the arbitrator does not rule in your total favor, they may offer you 50% of the cost of the repair or some sort of split.

Lets just say I was on the other end of the table many years ago in some of these arbitration's and was appalled as to what the volunteer arbitrators often gave away!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts