NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I took my wife's 2001 GLX manual transmission out to replace the clutch with a clutch and lightweight flywheel from ECS Tuning, everything went fairly smoothly until I tried to get the transmission back on, Im doing it by myself and I found it impossible to get the transmission to go completely on and to get the input shaft to go in straight, I did use an alignment tool for the clutch and pressure plate. I've been wrestling with the transmission for a two days now and I'm getting frustrated. I have tried lowering and raising the engine and man handling the transmission but no luck so far. If anyone has done this job before and can give me some advice I will greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
If I remember correctly, the motor has to twist a little bit. Bottom (oil pan) towards the front maybe?
There's not much room, especially if your wrestling that sucker on the ground! I'm sure someone else has run into the same problem and will chime in soon. ;)
Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Beetlemaniac
12 Posts
Try putting it in gear and turning the output flanges. Sounds like even though the clutch alignment tool worked, the splines on the trans are not lined up with the splines in the clutch disc. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts