VW Beetle Forum banner

Trending on ECSTuning.com now - VW Catback "Sport" Exhaust System $143.76 + Shipping

4K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  Zann 
#1 ·
Trending on ECSTuning.com now - VW Catback "Sport" Exhaust System $143.76 + Shipping

www.ecstuning.com
Retail $799 On close-out last month on at the VW Outlet Store for $149 + shipping, at ECS Tuning this month for $143.76 Sweeet....
'98-'05 all except TS Go here - Home Page > Search > 1C0071903U - ECS Tuning Inc

Polished 304 Stainless, I read somewhere.

I nailed two. Get 'em while they got 'em! Won't last!

IndyTom has one on order. Opelmania is thinkin' on it. OhRandi just got her's installed, and I'll quote
On a side note, the new exhaust I installed yesterday sounds amazing. :) Highly recommend the factory performance exhaust.
M.

See less See more
#2 ·
Ya got me real curious. For that price I could mod the tail-pipes to fit my TS. Cept the link only give the price and no description.???????????????
Sounds to good to be true for a stainless system.
Gotta have it though.

#7 ·
It's a closeout from VW Parts Outlet Center. They sometime run some amazing specials on stuff that has been laying around for a while. It's a $799 system and some places are selling it online for over $829.00. This is an Amazing price and it will be gone before you know it. I got mine from a place that even discounts the discount and they sold it to me for $103 and some change. Plus 14 bucks shipping. So for 117 bucks shipped I got a $799 Stainless steel system. SWEET :D It says it fits 98 -05 New Beetle except Turbo S but I have seen someone having it installed on a 2010 Beetle. Not sure what engine. So I assume it can be made to fit other years with a little ingenuity.

#3 ·
Been a VW OEM Dealer installed option for a long time. That is the p/n. T304 Stainless.

Steve White VW had this runniong on eBay for the last year or so. Gone now, but here's the cached listing
VW Beetle 98-05 Sport Exhaust System 1C0-071-903-U | eBay

Here's another, even less thank ECS if they still have them. I think these are the ppl I called last week and they had to bring it from Germany, but the price has gone up to what it is now. It was $103 and change.
VW SILENCER - 1C0071903U

Better getcha' one!

M.

#5 ·
Hey, I'm the messenger! (lol)

I've been watching these on the web for a year and I have never seen mention of TDI fitment. Here's how I would approach that, check the standard exhaust p/n's for both the 1.8T and the 1.9T, if they are the same I would have to believe they will interchange. I'm guessing, however, the back pressure, etc, would be all different for the diesel. I know that type of thing can be a big issue.

I had a national chain put an aftermarket on my Burb 454BBC and it was $hit (stalls, no power, etc), found out there was NO aftermarket ($700+ OEM part), and ended up buying a new take-off from another shop (for $125) that had dueled one out. Of course I couldn't bitch, mine had over 200k miles on it.

#9 ·

Attachments

#10 ·
Wow! That is a good price! Thanks for the link and info, M. :thup: I still need to get to my exhaust guy. I was supposed to go on Halloween, but he wasn't there. I plan on going Friday to see if I can go cat-less and see what kind of muffler he's going to put on. I'll definitely keep this in mind though. :cool: :D

#11 ·
They won't last long, buddy. Move quick if your going to...

#13 ·
#15 ·
ECS is showing these as back in stock, but with no pic, and no details. WTF after cancelling my order and telling me they were NLA, none available to be sourced AND out of production!
Home Page > Search > 1C0071903U - ECS Tuning Inc

No matter, got two elsewhere, but WTF!

M.

#21 ·
Funny...

This received in a p/m from IndyTom, this morning -

"Fantastic! Let me know how you like it. I love mine. Definitely a deeper exhaust note and the shiny Stainless looks pretty awesome! Funny thing is that ECS tuning sent me an E-Mail yesterday that the Exhaust is back in stock. So I guess they must have gotten another batch of them. Go figure."

I, however, didn't receive a similar email yesterday! I wouldn't bet on the order that was placed, seemed there check out is not tied to there inventory. Don't get that!

If someone is serious about buying one of these, p/m me, I know where there are two (or were, very recently - not being publicized). One in the Northwest and one in the Southwest. $149 plus shipping.

M.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.