NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Drive Green! Eat Green!
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My trip odometer keeps resetting itself to zero randomly (2006 New Beetle TDI). Anyone else have this problem?

·
strange things are afoot
1,535 Posts
Get in touch with your dealer. the 2006 NBs seem to have cluster issues when its REALLY cold outside.. has it been below freezing where you are lately?

there is a THREAD HERE by Member DAVE about his recent issue, you should probably read.

Good luck!

Aaron

·
Drive Green! Eat Green!
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not cold here--Abilene, TX. I'm not even sure it's gotten to freezing yet!. I have to take Apple to the dealer anyway (the side visor snapped too). Surely Beetles aren't that flimsy??

·
180 Degrees out of faze
841 Posts
No, not usually flimsy at all. But, the '06s seem to be going through some growing pains.
The replacement clusters are on national back order. The good news is that VW is shipping out the new improved ones as fast as they can have them made.

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
Welcome to VW! The 06 is a rather large redesign (with that Inline 5 and the new interior, essentially, it's a whole new car -- and could be a CAN-based computer, too, which means it's a whole new "generation" of car in terms of electrical diag). In 1998, when the first 2.0s rolled off the lines, they had similar issues. It's all got to do with the makers who make the individuals components, QC issues that are sadly out of VWoA/VWAG's hands. Your dealer will get you taken care of, and usually you have a minimum set of problems. I do find it odd that it's only the 06 TDI owners who have seen cluster issues (especially since TDIs are supposedly built later in the year, or so I thought).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts