VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, new to this forum and have spend days trawling the net for an answer... hopefully someone can help before i result to a match in the fuel tank...

The Boot lid on my NB 2002(51 Plate UK) 2.0L just will not pop using either the wireless keyfob or driver door switch. I have tested the voltage at the solenoid and i am getting 12volts for a 3 second interval (as predicted) using both the key and door switch .. I have purchased a replacement solenoid and even tested that on another car so i know that works..

Indicators flash twice when pressed .. swapped the switches with the fuel tank lid and the switch works .. check and replaced the 15amp fuse in box ... still no action .. added an additional earth wire direct from the solenoid .. just to confirm I have a good earth ...

Next suggestion would be the CCM .. but all my cental locking works from the remote key .. windows are power and work fine.. electric sunroof also fine .. it literally is just the boot .. i can open it manually by removing the plastic panel an manually flicking the mechanism .. I don't have key entry into the boot directly and my badge is not designed to swivel

my next step is to locate the CCM and check wires going in / out ... now i have been told this is under the dash .. under the steering column .. but will this differ if my NB is a UK model (being right hand drive)

Any suggestions would be of great help and it would be a shame to loose my beetle to such a small fault ... but without a boot it will need to go ...

·
Super Moderator
14,834 Posts
Do you hear the actuator, the little motor? In my case, I could not get the hatch CLOSED!

I'm no mechanic, but I am certain, someone will be along to help you.

Best of luck, and Welcome to the Org! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope nothing deadly silent .. only clicking is from the relay under the dash.. this might be the indicator relay or maybe a relay for the boot lid... if this circuit has one ... I have just located the ccm ... and unplugged both connectors .. window/locks stopped working which was practicable.. plug them back in and windows and locks now work.. but still no boot ... i'm trying everything to be honest ... I have just unplugged the battery for an hour .. read somewhere that it might reset everything maybe the car might think that it still has a faulty actuator.. kind of like clear wipe its memory and reset it ... last and final hope tbf... unless someone suggest something different ... fingers crossed

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the same problem with my 2001 2ltr. I fitted a new boot lock motor, still the same. Checked the voltage and I was getting a voltage when the fob or door button was pressed but no current. Found out a couple of problems with tarnishing on the legs of the relays and fuses which where passing a voltage but under load no current. I took the time to clean all the fuse legs and the same on the relays behind. Problem solved. Now works every time. By the way, the fuse box is the one found on the side of the dash when you open the drivers door. A couple of torque screws releases the fuse tray and allows access to the relays behind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts