VW Beetle Forum banner

Trunk closing

4K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Thejarhead 
pdoel said:
I've never heard that before. I always close mine by holding the other sides. I don't even have to shut it hard. The trunk is rather heavy, and pretty much latches on its own.

There isn't much to the emblem. So I'd think it would dent before the metal on the trunk would.

Although, in looking at your profile, you have an NBC. So, my experience wouldn't apply to yours. :(
Pete, don't you have a wing on your trunk? I know I do, and that extra bit of weight helps make the trunk shut easier.

I know on Steph's car, you have to use the emblem to shut it, and you have to kinda shut it hard, or it won't close properly.

I am a bit shocked though the emblem dented. I would definately see about getting that fixed, also, there really shouldn't be an issue with holding the sides to close the trunk. Another thing you could do to shut the trunk, on the inside of the hatch there are two black handle like things, if you grab those and apply some force, you should be able to close it with no problem. I do on occasion so I thought I'd tell you that option.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.