NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi does anyone knows if i can buy the trunk handle part by itself not the whole lock?
i don't know how but it broke.
here is a picture of what i'm looking for.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
867 Posts
I'd try to find one at a junkyard or just live with it being broken. It only comes complete and it is around $450 or $500 if you order it matched to your key.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd try to find one at a junkyard or just live with it being broken. It only comes complete and it is around $450 or $500 if you order it matched to your key.
yes i agree, but just knowing its there really bothers me...
another problem is that i don't live in the states and junkyards are not very common in my area.

so if anyone find the part let me know :)

thanks!

·
No NB Yellow Trifecta :(
5,634 Posts
yes i agree, but just knowing its there really bothers me...
another problem is that i don't live in the states and junkyards are not very common in my area.

so if anyone find the part let me know :)

thanks!
I know what your mean; if I know something is broke, it will haunt :eek:hnoes: me till I fix it. Unless the hatch is damaged, junk yards in my area require you to buy the whole hatch; which is $200.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Truck Latch I have one

PM if you want pics does not included emblem
Mines 10 yrs old now. She just snapped the other day like yours. Took it all apart and found no part number on the chrome trunk handle. Mines the swivel type too with the hidden key tumbler. At least it opens for now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
just for future peeps with this problem, you do have to replace the entire assembly but you can find used ones on ebay for $50-100. They're a bitch to put back in the hatch however.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts