VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 New Beetle Convertible, 2.5l engine.

I’ve seen a lot of posts here about trunk latch problems, but not this issue in particular. Trunk won’t operate from the door switch or key fob, lights do flash. Actuator is good, I can get it to operate if I pull the 3-pin plug off the the actual latch, and touch a grounded test light to the center pin. The trunk latch connector has 3 pins. One is for constant power and mine has constant power. The center pin shows power when I activate the trunk latch button on the key fob or door switch. The 3rd pin is unused. The wires on this connector come from the actuator plug. So, it looks like the design is for the trunk latch, when closed, completes the circuit so the actuator works to pop it open. So if the trunk latch is open, the system doesn’t respond. I put a new trunk latch on thinking the connector on mine was bad, but it still doesn’t work. Keep in mind that at my trunk latch connector, I have both constant power and power when the system is activated. So any idea what to look for next? It would be pretty coincidental to buy a brand new OEM trunk latch and the electrical switch be bad, but I assume it could happen. One mechanic I talked to thought the system might have to re-learn the new latch. Anybody know about that? Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts