NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I don't normally post in this forum :D (actually I never have, I'm actually coming from vwvortex), but on to the problem. My cousin just got a 2004 NB. It came with One key (The valet key) and no manual. When she pops the trunk from inside the car using the switch down by the gas cap lock, she literally has to run to the rear of the car to grab the trunk before it locks again... I was wondering if it is normal for the trunk to lock after about 3 seconds or if this is just her car being screwy... :confused: TIA for any help that you guys can give us on this problem! :)

·
5/23/10 <3
10,974 Posts
There are a few fixes for this. The one I did was to push up the stoppers in the trunk (the idea suggested over on Vortex). When you pop the trunk open, there will be black rubber things on either side. I just losened them and pushed them up. This gives the trunk just a smidge more resistance so when it pops, the trunk will open a bit further, keeping it from re-locking. That worked for a bit for me. Mine is doing the same thing again now, although much less frequently.

Somewhere around here is a thread about a different fix or two. I'm sure if you search you'll find it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok Thank you so much! You explained it in more detail then was explained on the vortex. And a quick answer too! I will definitely will come here again if i need anymore help! Thank you so much! :D

·
5/23/10 <3
10,974 Posts
This forum moves much, much quicker than the one on Vortex.

The trunk problem is a common one. I tried moving the stopper things, and again it did work for a bit and has helped the frequency of locking drop way down. Again, there are other fixes, but this one is very very quick and easy to try.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts