VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The release vworks, but I have to be really fast on my feet, to open the lid.
anybody have sug's?
Thank's

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Here you go I adjusted those two 8 mm bolts on my daughters beetle and it did the trick. I believe it was like loosening them in her case. Anyway here’s the thread go to post #22.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, I need to do this to mine, also. Thanks - you have saved me having to post for advice! I love this place...

·
Registered
14 Posts
It could also be an issue with where the trunk lid connects. The latch mechanism has two spring-flaps (I don't know what they are really called). They can break, or the spring breaks. That is the case with mine...The tension on the springs is released, but since one of the spring-flaps is broke, it doesn't push the door up high enough, then relaches in the half-closed position if you are not fast enough to open the trunk. I think the only way to fix this situation is replacing the entire mechanism. It is on the get-around-to-it list, but I have other, more important repairs to make first

·
Registered
3 Posts
anybody have sug's?
Thank's
I have a 2013 fender, same thing with mine. You have to be on your game to get the trunk open before it locks. Interesting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just an update. Replaced the struts and backed the adjustment screws out a half revolution on both sides and everything now works as advertised. What a relief!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I give up, how do I find post 22?

Go to post number 22 in the thread linked below. The number of each post is listed in the upper left of each reply. You post I am replying to is number 9 in this thread.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Raise your hatch, up where the hinges are on each side is an 8 mm bolt. I believe the link above has some pics to further explain and locate those bolts. On my daughters I tried tightening them at first (turning clock wise) with no improvement, so I loosened them (counter clockwise) and now she no longer has to do the “hatch dive” to get it open before it auto locks again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
anybody have sug's?
Thank's
I have the same problem, take the top part of your rubber key, slide it into the opening, then hit the open button, this way the trunk will open so you can raise the lid, your keys will fall to the ground.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts