NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I hit the trunk switch, there has to be someone there ready to open it, or it locks back. There's no time to get out of the drivers seat to open it. Is that normal? The key fob that came with the car doesn't work, and that's one of the last things on a big list.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts
Sounds like you need to adjust the trunk. If you search here there should be information on how to do that.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
time limit

I didn't know that was adjustable, mine gives me about 2-3 seconds before it re-locks back, it's manegable if I'm standing next to the open passanger door when I push the button, reach over and pull on the trunk lid. Let us know what you find out SEVASSUSEJ

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts
The adjustment is so the hatch pops out more when you unlock it so it won't catch again. I did it on mine and it really helped. But it was so long ago I don't remember exactly how I did it. But I know there are plenty of threads here on it.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
cylinder piston

oh okay, so maybe it's an adjustment of the cylinder piston that pushes the lid up. Or the cylinder is already bad..... thanks

·
Registered
708 Posts
It did that on my old 98 NB and it does it on my 04 Turbo S. What I figured out is pull the switch and listen for the switch to stop, and hit the button again and it stays open. For some dumb reason it doesn't do it with the fob. Hit it once and it stays unlocked.

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,412 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn’t find this thread: http://newbeetle.org/forums/questio...w-beetle/40788-any-way-make-rear-hatch-2.html

when I first did a search for fixing this problem, but from reading all the others, I decided to put a rubber bump stop on the spring-loaded portion. That fixed the problem for about 10 cycles, then it stopped working. I’ll be adjusting the 8mm bolts (per above thread) this weekend to see if it works. It’d be nice if there was a compilization of threads dedicated to the issues (and the fixes that work) with the beetle. What I mean is, the thread pasted above was the only one of many that actually contains the fix, which is on page 2 (and I found it posted in my thread) , some threads you’l find the fix on page 13. I’ve saved a lot of the threads to my favorites, but being that I’m not always on the same computer, I have now added them to my email drafts, to find via google search. No tone here, just wondering, or wishing. Sometimes it’s fun to read every page, to see the answer culminate over time. I started with a list of about 45 things needing to be fixed, and the list has grown over time, and I’d say half of the time working on the car has been spent trying to find a thread that contains a fix. Couldn’t have done it without this fourm though, even with Bentley and Vagcom.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts