NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2008 VW Beetle se convertible and my trunk lid won’t open with remote or switch on door and the lights don’t flash when remote is pressed however I wires broken in the wires going to the trunk lid fixed them and only the trunk lights came on every else works. Windows and gas lid and also the air conditioner don’t work I don’t know if it’s related can anyone help me Thanks

·
Registered
13,431 Posts
If you have VCDS; check for codes and then, you might be able to do output tests, to confirm things. You might check the wire harness; in the front drivers door and see, if the wires are broken, like the rear trunk was/is. I think, on the later new beetle's; they have a emergency trunk release; inside the back door, pull the rear seat down, release the trunk door. Then, you can pull the trunk panel; jumper power, to the actuator and see, if it works. If it works, then; you might check the front switch, then, checking for power at the front then, power to the actuator.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do have power going to the trunk but I don’t know if it’s reaching the actuator it self , I‘ll have to check as soon as I figure out how to take off the panel without breaking it I can open the trunk through the door between the seat in the back I think. Its for carrying skis

·
Registered
13,431 Posts
Service manual: trunk:

Once you, get the trunk open, then remove the panel; i would check for power and jumper power, to the actuator, confirm it works.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Service manual: trunk:

Once you, get the trunk open, then remove the panel; i would check for power and jumper power, to the actuator, confirm it works.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Taking the trunk apart was easy the only voltage I have going to the actuator is .15 volts but the trunk light is on I know my tester is good just replaced the battery in it.aren’t there supposed to be 12 volts going through the wires or did I hook up the wires wrong ,

·
Registered
13,431 Posts
Good question; i would assume, full power would be active, to the actuator, when the switch in the door or key fob is activated? Did you jumper power to the actuator and confirm it works? If it is good; then, checking the wiring harnesses: to and from the actuator, would be next.

·
Registered
13,431 Posts
I don’t know how to do that I read somewhere you can use a 9 volt battery
You could remove the actuator and hook it up to your car battery with jumper wires?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts