VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. So I’m new here but I figured I’d join and maybe see if anyone could help me. So I have a 2001 1.8t GLX beetle. Engine code is AWV. I noticed a while ago that I had a leak near the check valve on my brake booster vacuum hose. So I figured I’d replace it. I took a look at what type of hose I had just to make sure that I was ordering the right one. The one I have is a 3 way hose leading from the brake booster to another piece of the engine block (I’m new to working on cars don’t kill me for not knowing what it’s called), and then leading somewhere under the brake booster. The part number for that hose is 1c0612041E if anyone wants to look it up and get a visual. Anyways, I ordered a new one, but when trying to remove the old one, I cannot for the life of me get it undone from the piece under the brake booster. I jacked the car up and went underneath it to try to see if I can’t get it undone there, but it’s too tight and there is a single ear clamp that I’d have to cut but absolutely no room to do so.

Does anyone know how to disconnect this hose? I’m really struggling haha

Any help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
There will be another ear on that clamp on the other side of the hose, unless the clamp is broken. These pliers or rather some like them are the bees knees for working on a VW, and those pesky hose compression hose clamps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts