VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,475 Posts
Welcome to the planning thread.

We are hammering out ideas on how to make this work for as many members as possible to attend.

So far all we accomplished was holding it the 2nd weekend of November.

Now we need to discuss other important topics.

1) Should we meet every year, or meet opposite Roswell and meet every even year?

2) Should we have an "official home base/hotel/motel"?

3)Friday night activities?

4)Swag? I have my own machine now, so no more waiting for shirts.

5)This will be winter, we can expect to see temps in the low 60's upper 50's. We'll have to play by ear when planning picnic, restaurant...

Also, PLEASE continue to offer input! Lets make TSD great again! ;)

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
I found with BoD that a "host" hotel is a good thing as it gives you a good starting point with parking and bathrooms. Folks can always stay elsewhere if they choose.

·
Amateur Professional
102 Posts
I don't want to necessarily comment on a 'dead' thread, but this is a very cool drive (used to live in Kansas, its a requirement that you do this at least once).

I'd love to see this either 1. Right before Roswell (I can drive TSD on the way to Roswell? Yes please) or 2. In the Roswell 'off' years

Just putting this out there...

·
Everett Street in May
3,239 Posts
Welcome to the planning thread.

We are hammering out ideas on how to make this work for as many members as possible to attend.

So far all we accomplished was holding it the 2nd weekend of November.

Now we need to discuss other important topics.

1) Should we meet every year, or meet opposite Roswell and meet every even year? Start with expectation of every year, even if it's just two or three cars. Can always grow..

2) Should we have an "official home base/hotel/motel"? Yes, truly a necessity as a general meeting and staging point (we are a social group afterall)

3)Friday night activities? A "welcome" diner of some kind always works. Pizza night is fun, or if the group is small enough, a local restaurant

4)Swag? I have my own machine now, so no more waiting for shirts. Swag is good, but not necessarily required. BoD is a fantastic event, sans swag. ;-)

5)This will be winter, we can expect to see temps in the low 60's upper 50's. We'll have to play by ear when planning picnic, restaurant... Finding a spot on the calendar can be hard. And as many people already do, they alternate between Roswell and ToD. Again, just pick a date, promote the heck out of it and then go have fun with the people who show up

Also, PLEASE continue to offer input! Lets make TSD great again! ;)

Just my 2 cents! :wave3:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.