VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a tt dash and cluster. Before I tear into this, any input I can get from anyone that has done this or researched doing this would be greatly apprectiated

·
Registered
177 Posts
Have you seen this done before? My friend has a TT and the dash is much shorter and a completely different shape.

While I have no real information for you and have no idea about how easy/hard it will be, I would love to see some pictures when its done. (And if you have pics of other people's projects, I would be interested in seeing those as well.)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know it's been done before can't remember whee I saw the pics tho. Either way, the bug and the tt are the same chassis so it shouldn't be too bad. Haven't picked up the dash yet, should havre it this weekend so I can start measuring.....

·
Registered
177 Posts
I know it's been done before can't remember whee I saw the pics tho. Either way, the bug and the tt are the same chassis so it shouldn't be too bad. Haven't picked up the dash yet, should havre it this weekend so I can start measuring.....
Just so you know the Beetle dash is a good 12"+ longer than the TT dash. Just because they are the same chassis does not mean that it will drop in.

·
"bollox"
49 Posts
Idk why the TT dash seems to be so popular as to people swapping out their stock dash. I've seen a couple of old body style Rabbits with the TT dash, but never a Beetle.
As I always say, there's a first for everything. Who knows, you might find it to be an easy swap and start a new mod trend...

·
Not low enough
947 Posts
Just so you know the Beetle dash is a good 12"+ longer than the TT dash. Just because they are the same chassis does not mean that it will drop in.
right, chassis has nothing to do with it, that's the belly. we're talking inside, and that's a different story. i have a NBC, my BFF has a TTR, she was in awe by the amount of room in my car and we constantly joke about what we could store on my gigantic dashboard. length wise, perhaps it's the same, or at least very close, but the depth will need to be greatly tinkered with. i've seen TT dashes go in MK3s and MK4s, i know they need to be shortened to go in a MK3, not sure about the MK4.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Just picked up a tt dash and cluster. Before I tear into this, any input I can get from anyone that has done this or researched doing this would be greatly apprectiated
I remeber reading a thread about this, I couldn't find it on my search but I swear Marvin (green tdi) said some guy on a texas bug forum did it. Might want to send marvin a pm.

I searched for threads by betterofdead a couple months ago when I started my TT seat swap, all of his pics were long gone. let me know if you find any of his pics.

karn--something swapped in a lupo cluster, he might be a good resource about swapping clusters. I can't recall his full name but he has PG beetle with a bunch a sweet crap done.

sounds cool & good luck with it.

·
Super Moderator
8,921 Posts
There was a guy in our club that was doing a polo cluster swap that looked like a TT gauge...but not TT dash.

Betteroffdead is the guy - he sold his 98 when the new forum started up so his old thread is gone, but I finally found him on Vortex - so you might try to message him there. He said his dad was an electrical genius - but he might be able to tell you about the fit.
Badassdubs

Lots of good progress install pics...

God I loved this car....I should have bought it!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.