NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Sarah'sBug
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just completed a coil pack install and plugs and wires on Sarah's Beetle. The car had random misfire codes on it when we bought it. The cel went away after driving a few miles. When I bought the car it was running ok even though the cel was lit. After sitting in the driveway over night, I went to start it and it coughed and sputtered. The cel came on again with same code. Moisture was definately the issue, it had rained all night. Thanks to some previous knowhow and this forum I was able to perform a tuneup and solve this problem with parts from ECS Tuning. As it turned out the coil was severely cracked and one wire had a chunk of the silicon wire cover missing. I haven't had the moisture to check it, but I have noticed it doen't have the slight miss as before.

Thank you to all who gave me the tips on doing this. :)

P.S. :( The air pump bracket was a pain. Of course I couldn't get one of the bolts out. I was able to move it just enough to get to the coil. The wires just take a lot of patience and you definately need spark plug pliers to even put them on.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts